Sicce Pumps

Skim

Well the other day my Jebao DC-2000 decided to crap out on me. It was running my Bio Pellet reactor and was doing OK. I did notice it was slowing down a little ( AquaMaxx Reactor ) and I cleaned it and it did not do much. I came down the next morning and it was dead. I hooked up a Mag Drive 5 with ball valve and it was way too much but I dialed best I could. Now I also run a Jebao DC-6000 as a return for about 2 years or more now and thought I would get a new return also. Now which pump another DC or a good AC well I ended up ordering 2 Sicce pumps, a 3.0 and 1.5. I got them today and I first hooked up the 3.0 on the return, now I have run the 6000 a full and most of the time at 2 clicks below but the thing that bothered me was I had no idea a what kind of flow I was getting as I now DC pumps do not like Head Pressure. Well I was very surprised when I plugged in the 3.0 and watched as the water level in the return section started to drop and then past where it was with 6000 and the ATO kicked in and started to fill and fill, well this 3.0 is pumping at what would be at almost full throttle on the 6000 not quite but almost I was impressed, what did not impress me was the noise man it was noisy and the hum. After about 20 min. it dropped buy quite a bit and as of last hearing it it was even quieter. Now the 1.5 I had to dial it all the way down but very quite and pumps the shit out of the pellets, i should of maybe gone with the 1.0 but I know I have to add some Pellets, so that should make perfect. The difference between the 2000 and the 1.5 is amazing, the 2000 at full would not turn the pellets the way the 1.5 does at its lowest setting and as for power consumption the 1.5 use about 15 more watts than the 2000 but the 3.0 use less anywhere from 2 to 17 depending on where you get your info from so let's say in nulls each other out and call the same, but I am getting much more consistent flow. It would be nice to compare then to the Eheim which was my second choice, I went with the Sicce because of what I seen in a BRS video when then were speaking to the Sicce rep and he said " all our pumps are under rated, so you will actually get a little more out of them then what is stated on box".
So is DC better than AC it's a hard call nowadays with much better and efficient AC pumps. It is something to think about because the DC pumps do not like back pressure and performance drops drastically, so as things start to grow on the inside of your tubing ( plumbing ) that film gets thicker the water flow will drop quickly. I will post something at the end of this that you may find interesting, I know I did.

VoirPhoto.asp

spacer.gif
Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0 Pump - 714 GPH
Item Code: ROYASCSIC108

The Syncra Silent is new range of energy efficient pumps that is absolutely silent. Don't be fooled - these pumps are powerful and versatile. Ideal for fresh and salt water aquariums, protein skimmers, indoor fountains, water-cooling and all submersible and in-line applications which require high performance and total silence. Thanks to Sicce’s 35 years of experience, Syncra Silent are equipped with a synchronous motor and an advanced rotor which makes the pumps 100% silent.

Features:
• ceramic shaft and bearings
• durable rotor and shaft
• standard thread intake & discharge barb fittings included
• resistance to harsh conditions
• Submersible or inline use
• adjustable flow rate
• 3-year or 5-year extended warranty with online registration and purchase from an authorized dealer
  • 48 watts
  • measures 4.84" x 3.35" x 4.13" high
  • 608gph @ 3', 502gph @ 5'
  • 3/4" threaded intake and discharge
  • includes barbed fittings for 3/4 or 1" hose
VoirPhoto.asp

spacer.gif
Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Pump - 357 GPH
Item Code: ROYASCSIC105

The Syncra Silent is new range of energy efficient pumps that is absolutely silent. Don't be fooled - these pumps are powerful and versatile. Ideal for fresh and salt water aquariums, protein skimmers, indoor fountains, water-cooling and all submersible and in-line applications which require high performance and total silence. Thanks to Sicce’s 35 years of experience, Syncra Silent are equipped with a synchronous motor and an advanced rotor which makes the pumps 100% silent.

Features:
• ceramic shaft and bearings
• durable rotor and shaft
• standard thread intake & discharge barb fittings included
• resistance to harsh conditions
• Submersible or inline use
• adjustable flow rate
• 3-year or 5-year extended warranty with online registration and purchase from an authorized dealer
  • 35 watts
  • measures 4.05" x 2.36" x 3.07" high
  • 258gph @ 3', 185gph @ 5', 0gph @ 6'
  • 1/2" threaded intake and discharge
  • includes barbed fittings for 3/8" - 9/16" hose

Kyle1970

I use a Sicce and am quite happy with it.
Only been in use for a year or so but so far so good. Reviews seem good as well.

DC would have been nice, cheaper to run, even quieter and typically controllable.... but also extra up front. Maybe next time