Sick fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i have a tang that looked 100x worse than your regal did, when i got started i did the same thing and moved a full setup from one place to mine and swapped everything over, biggest thing to remember is those fish need oxygen and also heat. i put all fish in one tote with a heater and a battery bubbler for over a day and they all loved it. one thing that looking back on the last year and a half of this hobby is that everything takes time and anything rushed results in failure more often than not. Its taken a full year now of good water conditions for me to be able to keep SPS and that's only happened in the last month or two. Back on topic, tangs loose their color like that if they aren't being fed a proper diet. get some nori or herbivore pellets into it and it will get its color back and look great minus a bit of scaring. mine got its color back in less than 2 weeks of having the right food.

index.php

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Brandon: 

Whatever you choose to treat them with - Furan 2 or Triple Sulfa, just use one of them, not both together.  The only reason I was told to use both is because the previous owner of my new seahorse had started a treatment of furan 2 but didn't complete it and they were worried about one antibiotic not being completely effective anymore.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Got the furan-2 today...
To late for the foxface .... :( rip
I can't believe how the infection and the stress kills them so friken easy....
I'm chalking this all up to learning experiance but other than that it's really pissing me off

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I don't think the flame tip will make it. His condition is worse and he literally has a gaping wound on his side. I'm following the furan-2 instructions you have to the letter but I think he's to far gone :(

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
I'm not sure meds are good for anemones

lol common im not that much of a noob to this :p
its a flame tip tang...
i know they have another name i just dont know what it is, tomicus? or something..
but either way he was dead this morning, so its just an unknown anthias and flame angel in QT still...
that and the two very healthy clowns are all the fish that made it from the buy...  :mad:

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
yikes, that really sucks man, sometimes it can be too late for meds if the fish is already too weak. Im sure a lot of people call those fish different names, but im pretty sure its still just a Regal Tang, it gets its yellow that sets them apart because they are from a different part of the ocean than the standard regal tangs, So Hippo tang, Regal Tang, Yellow Breasted Regal Tang are the terms you see most often. I kinda like flame tip tang, I was just mis understanding this whole time and assumed u have a flame bubbletip anemone also.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Haha no it's kk
But I'm not talking about a regal tang
It had a darker Brown body and bright orange dorsal and pectoral fins.
Beautiful fish. I will be looking to buy a healthier one

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
The fish in your first Picture in the back is a Naso Tang, that guy?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Something like that :p flame fin sounds cooler XD 
Anyways he's dead :( but ill be getting another one there cool

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Sorry to hear about the "flame tip"  ;) tang.  From the original pictures you posted, these fish looked far gone before you got them.  I hope you are able to find a good healthy one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.