Skimmers

mig

Website
www.cameroncollision.com
So my coral life skimmer finally gave up on me. I have a 90 gal, Looking at the Vertex 150 but is it worth the money @ $399? The Reef Octopus Regal Classic 150 is much cheaper @ $243 or is the Reef Octopus 6" Regal 150 for $389 more comparable. These are BRS prices and of course with the exchange rate add another 30%. Or is there any deals on this side of the river? Thanks in advance for any input :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If you are not apposed to a different brand then what is listed, look into a bubble magus curve 7. I can have it shipped to you, just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nighthawk26

Are those BRS prices including shipping and the auto tax and duty, etc, etc, they add? I just took delivery of some items, and as an extra kick, with a CC don't forget their fees. When USD posted to CDN it came in at a whopping 36%!!! On top of that, the cart had some sort of hickup when processing. Said the order didn't go through, so did it again. I see my Visa bill, it did go through. Issue is of course the exchange again, this time going the other way. The return came through at only 28%. Literally lost $40 bucks on the error. They were good enough to credit that back to me though.

As for a new skimmer. Have you considered used on here or GTA? Time of year stuff pops up quite a bit and some great deals to be had. Just ask Torx!

Aside from that, Unibob would be great to deal with!

mig

Website
www.cameroncollision.com
Nighthawk I usually have product shipped to a US parcel depot in port huron to avoid the duty and shipping. Unibob, I have bought product from you in the past, I didn't think of you for a skimmer, and I'm not opposed to check out other brands. How much is the bubble magnus curve 7 and how is the quality and performance of it?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
The curve 7 is $300. The bubble magus line of skimmers are quite and work horses. There are several people on here that run them and only have positive things to say.

I am a small fish in this big ocean, but with shipping and such, you WILL get the best price from me :)

Skim

The curve 7 has had many very good reviews, I have a curve 9 and its a beast I am not using it now as it proved to be too much for my 110 gal. Would skim for a day or two and then shut down for 3 or 4 until organic levels would rise. I ran it in 8" of water but I felt it would run even better in the recommended 9" to 11". I run the Regal 170SS and love it, like having 5 skimmers in one with the DC motor. If you feel you may be skimming more then you would like you can turn motor down or increase it and let her rip, great skimmer dead quiet. I still have not got around to putting the neck cleaner on, maybe this weekend. I also have the 150 Classic another great skimmer for the money, the new pump they come with a great and unit is very quiet.

Good luck on your choice mig

Skim

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I might be in the market for a skimmer will know later tomorrow and return pump... man this hobby is expensive

Justin

If you are not apposed to a different brand then what is listed, look into a bubble magus curve 7. I can have it shipped to you, just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey I have a 90 gallon I am going to be setting up I see your from st Thomas, are you selling these skimmers new or is it somthing that you've used

SamB

Super Active Member
I'm sure that unibob can be of service but might be worth checking with reef supplies
If you find anything in GTA, lemme know and I will deliver !
Sam

Canadianeh

Are those BRS prices including shipping and the auto tax and duty, etc, etc, they add? I just took delivery of some items, and as an extra kick, with a CC don't forget their fees. When USD posted to CDN it came in at a whopping 36%!!! On top of that, the cart had some sort of hickup when processing. Said the order didn't go through, so did it again. I see my Visa bill, it did go through. Issue is of course the exchange again, this time going the other way. The return came through at only 28%. Literally lost $40 bucks on the error. They were good enough to credit that back to me though.

As for a new skimmer. Have you considered used on here or GTA? Time of year stuff pops up quite a bit and some great deals to be had. Just ask Torx!

Aside from that, Unibob would be great to deal with!

Do you guys order stuffs from US online retailers such as BRS? Did you pay for duties and taxes?

heath

Distinguished Member
looking back at this I thought I should post an update. I did end up getting the bubble magnus curve 7 from unibob. its been a year now and its still working great. no complaints... its a great unit for reasonable $.

I have the same one and it was used and has been on the tank for 14/15 mths with no issues what so ever...great unit...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Do you guys order stuffs from US online retailers such as BRS? Did you pay for duties and taxes?
We use to, but unless you can get it shipped to the US and able to pick it up yourself, it isn't worth it. As the message you quoted stated, it will cost you an additional 36% or so. Try and support local, in the long run it will be better for you. Mostly warranty wise.
I try to support the retailers that support this site...
No retailers financially support this site. Well I should not say that. Some have given frags to be sold at London frag Fest and have done some great things for members that most stores would never do.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk