slug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZAX

took a pic of my slug today,need help to identify wheather it is nudibranch or something else,  good or bad?

C

Cal_stir

Looks like a stomatella snail to me.  Does it have a part shell on it.  Kind of the shape of a fingernail.  If it is, they are good.  We have at least 5 in our tank.  And every once in awhile they will puff something which I think is eggs because the fish will hurry and eat them.  And when one puffs, you can see others puffing at the same time.  You don't see them very often in the daytime, but if you peek in with a flashlight  in the early morning, you will see them out on the rock.  Google them to make sure this is what you have.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Cal_stir link said:
Looks like a stomatella snail to me.  Does it have a part shell on it.  Kind of the shape of a fingernail.   If it is, they are good.   We have at least 5 in our tank.  And every once in awhile they will puff something which I think is eggs because the fish will hurry and eat them.  And when one puffs, you can see others puffing at the same time.   You don't see them very often in the daytime, but if you peek in with a flashlight  in the early morning, you will see them out on the rock.  Google them to make sure this is what you have.

Cal is right. Looks like a stomella. 

Z

ZAX

checked out the pics online and you guys are right, it is definetly a stomatella snail.  thanxs....

Status
Not open for further replies.