Spider webs in tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Seems to be coming out of these tubes, and this one looks like there are little horns sticking out the end of it.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Bang on! I thought it was some sort of alien trying to abduct things from my tank haha. Looked them up and they do seem to be good for the tank. Very interesting. Thank you, I no longer have to worry today lol.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
they are good, but can also irritate corals if they are constantly getting their net on nearby corals

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Spider webs in tank.

Will they did off if I keep getting rid of their web? As I read this is the way they feed.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I had these little bastards not too long ago. Those 'webs' were everywhere and pissing off my softies/LPS. I even had one attach itself to a snail. I just pulled the rock up a little and put a drop of super glue over the opening to the tubes. Seems to have helped. As for the one on the snail, I just broke it off.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Spider webs in tank.

I pulled them all out this morning. Will see what it looks like when I get home. I like that idea of stopping them if they do not stop on there own.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
i normally break the tube off, if i cant get the whole thing, just fill it with crazy glue :) aptaisia X kills em too

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
they are back, and so ugly. i will be be manually snapping tubes off and if they pop there heads out again, all tubes are getting plugged with glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.