stacking rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZAX

Just wondering about stacking rocks, should they be laying against the back glass (making it more stable) or not touching the glass?

S

shayneh

I'm not a fan of the rock wall look and like when its set up with nice open space on both sides for fish and water flow. zip ties and fiberglass/acrylic rods make great devices for anchoring the rock together.

S

shayneh

forgot to mention make sure the zip ties are all plastic as the ones with the metal tab won't hold very long in saltwater. An open design also allows for easier cleaning and retreival of coral frags when it becomes necessary.. LOL!

Seggsy

Ya, I like it open in back for waterflow and cleaning.  I have a hard time cleaning the glass on one side of my tank since the rock is too close - I would test that out too before finalizing design - I could have spent 15 extra minutes on set up, but now it will be a 4 hour rebuild if I ever try it.

S

shayneh

Ha ha! Seggsy don't feel bad I did it to myself at least twice where fixing the issue would require extensive deconstruction. That's why I figured I would point it out so others might gain some insight since I can't seem to remember on my setups LOL! 

Status
Not open for further replies.