Stand Ledge, A Flood Pan, Make It Pretty

Fredk

I have an awesome 2" tube steel stand, but I want to upgrade it a little.

1. 3rd floor apartment (poured concrete)
2. floods happen
3. drips and little spills on the stand exterior are annoying and corrosive.

The pan is to contain the inevitable flood. The ledge is to catch those little dribbles that always happen when you work on your tank. I'm hoping to come up with something that makes the stand look a little nicer as well.

Since I have to make a pan anyway I was thinking of going 2" larger than the tank stand so that I could contain something like a minor seem split at worst. It's not something that I've ever experiences, but it does happen, so why not be prepared.

I would also like to put a ledge around the tank to catch all those little maintenance spills 2" or 3" all around. Trouble is, a ledge would push any overflow tank outside the pan. I could run a 1/2" gap in the top of the ledge all the way around the tank and put drain holes or slots in it to direct any overflow water down into the pan. I don't think that would help for a seam split though.

Crude drawing:
Stand ledge drain.jpg

Opinions?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
In all actuality though, any significant water would be spraying out 10" or more missing the drip tray. You will probably drip more off your arm onto the floor then what would get into the drip tray during fiddling around. Just pick up a few extra towels. The drip tray will just end up collecting dust and crud. I am doing it because I want to be able to drain/clean without buckets and conveniently there is a house drain just below the sump

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk