Stomatella Snails Are Breeding

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
to my delight i just found this lil baby stomatella snail you can see how small he is my acans are barely over an inch away i know i have a few adults but now i know they are multiplying on their own....
IMG_20150209_141945.jpg
IMG_20150209_142207.jpg

SamB

Super Active Member
Excellent news Steve !
IMO, they are the best snails for algae and with their funny shells they can get into every nook and cranny
As another member posted, your tank must be very healthy !!
If you have extras, I'd be happy to buy them from you at the frag meet !!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Excellent news Steve !
IMO, they are the best snails for algae and with their funny shells they can get into every nook and cranny
As another member posted, your tank must be very healthy !!
If you have extras, I'd be happy to buy them from you at the frag meet !!
i dont have many right now but if i start to notice too many you know i will be dispersing them among members i like how even tho they have soo much exposed flesh yet nothing tries to eat them but they do a very good job at cleaning.... i just wish i could find me some cowries

it was a fluke i even noticed him just all those years of hunting have honed my eye to pickup slight movements.... nothing like following the flash of a deer through the leaves and sticks except finding critters in the tank ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I know what I have in my sump now!! Thanks Steve! I was kinda worried for a bit.
i love these guys they are very good at what they do.... would be nice if you could buy them at the lfs.... i know ill never get mass amounts because there just isnt enough to feed all of them but would rather have them breed than have to buy $20 in snails every few months