Strange clown behavior

MrHermit85

My female ocellaris is acting weird. She is off in a corner doing this weird wiggly swim close to the sand. If any fish come near her she chases them off immediatly and she still eats whenever I put food near her. I don't see any spots on her, no fins torn or anything and she has great colour. I feed flakes, mysis and brine every now and then. All the other fish are swimming fine and are happy as usual...

What is up with this weird behaviour?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
MrHermit85 link said:
Really? What would the eggs look like and where would she lay them? Wouldn't her belly be swollen?

what she is doing is natural for them, shes cleaning an area which would be used to lay eggs.. but they clean areas all the time without actually laying eggs, its not really an indication that shes about to either.

MrHermit85

Duke link said:
[quote author=MrHermit85 link=topic=8079.msg85181#msg85181 date=1394405878]
Really? What would the eggs look like and where would she lay them? Wouldn't her belly be swollen?

what she is doing is natural for them, shes cleaning an area which would be used to lay eggs.. but they clean areas all the time without actually laying eggs, its not really an indication that shes about to either.

[/quote]

Well as long as it's normal, it was just weird all of a sudden. Got me worried... Thanks for the replies guys!

MrHermit85

He is behaving normally, following her around. They were hanging out in a cave together too. She isn't picking on him as much though.