Tank Help

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
need someone close by to give me a hand in the next couple days as i gotta lift my 125 and set it on the floor on foam so i can start the process of re-construction wont be just a re-seal this time so if you want to give a hand moving it and stripping and cleaning it im sure a couple racks of ribs and a case of beer will hit the spot nicely :)

Kyle1970

Not always an option to stick around but don't mind helping lift a corner if needed. Let me know when you plan to move it and I will see what I can do.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
It sounds like you'really well on your way to having the 125 moved lots of offers of help !

yup lots of great local members...

Give me a call I can come up and I am sure steve will come if needed

its not too heavy me and brother in law put it on stand no problem its more the cutting apart with fishing line then razor blades and solvents to get it spick and span lol. Once clean i can brace and seal myself think im going to use black and inject the seams then seal interior this time, since it seams to be how the pros are doing it nowadays.... will be ordering a new top and bottom frame dont think it will hold rimless but thats all another post :)

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
yup lots of great local members...

its not too heavy me and brother in law put it on stand no problem its more the cutting apart with fishing line then razor blades and solvents to get it spick and span lol. Once clean i can brace and seal myself think im going to use black and inject the seams then seal interior this time, since it seams to be how the pros are doing it nowadays.... will be ordering a new top and bottom frame dont think it will hold rimless but thats all another post :)

torx showed me a way to make seperting the seams easier,use a heat gun or even a hair dryer,it softens the silicone
nicley and i use this method to this day

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Im more excited to do the injection method hate when i plop a pane in place and theres an air bubble then its back to square one which sucks big time. dont matter how good you are you will get one in one of the panes somewhere even with an edged bead so this will be fun and save alot of cursing

bart84

Mcclellands glass in brantford did my baffles. I would imagine you talk them and see if the could use end peices from other cuts. Might get a deal. Maybe :)