tank1 gopro footage

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
the video lost some of its sharpness when i loaded it too photobucket. Still playing with settings. It looks ver crisp on my computer.

youtube holds quality fairly well.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
wow....go pro eh.....great another new toy I need.

So which go pro and housing are you using?  Also how did you find setting the white balance for this......its taking great video.  I saw some dive footage with the go pro and it too was amazing.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Its the hero2. You have to order a flat outer lens for underwter shots. Not sure if its required on the gopro hero3.
I havnt played with many settings, still learning. This is pretty much raw footage.
I like the camera, use it for everything.

Mike

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
wow the 2nd video in full 1080p is rediculous quality.. if you dont mind, next time you stop by can you please bring that thing.. lol

harleymike

Super Active Member
ya no problem duke. You can borrow it. But I dont understand why only one is in 1080 hd.
I didnt change any settings, unless I saved it differantly.
Hey, did you see your clown.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
harleymike link said:
ya no problem duke. You can borrow it. But I dont understand why only one is in 1080 hd.
I didnt change any settings, unless I saved it differantly.
Hey, did you see your clown.

no i dont need to borrow it but thanks tho. a quick 5 minute video in the tank before you leave would be more than cool enough. Yes i did see the clown, if they actually pair up thats going to be a sweet pair.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar link said:
Yu can actually take mine home but its not the right lenses?

heres a video showing a 3rd party one..

ya they didnt work to well from the factory underwater.. so there is another case (scuba) case available to get your underwater videos sharp. i guess in SD you can barely tell but in HD its pretty much needed for underwater. you can get the gopro version.. or look for an aftermarket one like if the video.

GoPro HD Hero underwater focus FIXED on Vimeo

harleymike

Super Active Member
I got my underwater lens off ebay. 25 bucks i think, shipped. The only downside is you have too shoot in 1080 or you will see the edges of the lens. Plan is too pick up another standard case for out of water shots and use the stock lens.
The new lens makes a huge differanced for underwater shots.
Mike