Teebone's Epic 210G SPS Build

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Well, it's been a long time coming, but I finally have some pics of my new tank!

;D ;D ;D

The specs are as follows:

72" x 26" x 26"

3 sides Starphire

Internal Overflow 4" x 18" glass/acrylic

Mitered Starphire Eurobracing

Mitered Corners

Floating Bottom

All glass 3/4"

So enjoy, here is a sneak peek of some pics during its manufacturing process that I received from Daniel over at Aquatic Kingdom…..

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Teebone's Epic 210G Build

Thanks guys, I'm getting pumped! I should have more pics soon.  8)

davesolo29 link said:
Nice!!  Miracles?  Now you need a stand. 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was made overseas and imported into Canada by Aquatic Kingdom.

Yes, I do need a stand and have decided to go wood, based on rocket engineer's design. I will skin it afterwards when all is plumbed and things are all wired up!

Giglio324

Re: Teebone's Epic 210G Build

Not to get to ahead of yourself but what are your plans equipment wise. What do you need/what will carry over from current system? Better yet will this be a whole new build and current system will stay running till this one is ready. Beauty tank excited to see more progress

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Giglio324 link said:
Not to get to ahead of yourself but what are your plans equipment wise. What do you need/what will carry over from current system? Better yet will this be a whole new build and current system will stay running till this one is ready. Beauty tank excited to see more progress

Yes, stay tuned.

matti2uude link said:
Nice tank. Mines from the same place but I don't have the euro bracing.
Thanks, I saw your tank thread, looks like a masterpiece!

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Nice stuff tee bone. Can't wait to see it come together

Jewel

Looks good Tyler, I think I would of expected tighter ends on the Bracing but it's gonna certainly be a nice build. You're gonna have fun.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Jewel link said:
Looks good Tyler, I think I would of expected tighter ends on the Bracing but it's gonna certainly be a nice build. You're gonna have fun.

I agree and my expectation is perfection.

These pictures are from the factory during production while the eurobracing was being placed and attached. It still needed to be trimmed and finished. I should hopefully get some more final pictures soon!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
curiousphil link said:
Oooooh exciting!!!!
BIGSHOW link said:
This build is going to be amazing.  I will be following along for sure :)
unibob link said:
Nice stuff tee bone. Can't wait to see it come together

jroovers link said:
Looks awesome, can't wait to see it up on a stand with your rock in there :)

Thanks guys, can't wait either, but waiting is half the fun!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
An update…

Just finished constructing the framing for my stand, based on RocketEngineer's plan on ReefCentral.
I wanted full unobstructed access to the sump area so I chose to go with this design.

The plan called for a 2x8 as the top brace to handle the weight and force of my sized tank. I ended up going with 2- 2x6s sandwiched together so that the opening underneath would be slightly larger. The 2-2x6s should also be stronger then a single 2x8.

I had to decide what height I wanted to make the stand, as my tank is already 26" high, so I wanted to ensure access for maintenance wouldn't be too difficult then it already would be.

The stand height is 30.5" plus 26" for the tank, add some plywood and foam board and I will be at about 58 inches.
The result is that under my stand, I will have about 27-28" of height available for a skimmer and working area.

Just thought to put this out here for ideas and opinions, as it still not too late to make any modifications.

Here is a current pic of the stand up on a few 2x4s as I am doing some patch work, etc.
The additional 2x4 gives it a height of 34" versus the 30.5" without.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
2-2x6's are good if you used pl-adhesive and screws to laminate them together.  Remember they're really only 1.75x5.5" (still not sure where they got away with making lumber smaller than it's supposed size).