Teebone's Epic 210G SPS Build

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I do have a bias to T5 lighting, ATI fixtures in particular with ATI bulbs. I have always had decent luck with them.

It does eliminate some guessing when things aren't going right, at least one can assume that its not the lighting.

Also, like the mix of adding RB LED accents for the extra pop.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
How did you acclimate all the bigger fish together? I want to up my stock levels but worry they will just smash the shit out of each other (plus hard to find larger tangs that won't get smeared by my sailfin).

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
How did you acclimate all the bigger fish together? I want to up my stock levels but worry they will just smash the shit out of each other (plus hard to find larger tangs that won't get smeared by my sailfin).

They are all tough, It wasn't bad, as i added the larger fish in order of their potential aggressiveness. the purple went in last- all over about 4 weeks. You do need to be careful that you don't shock your system with an increase in bioload, but if you already have existing live rock, it might not be an issue. Maybe put your sailfin in last, if he's the bully.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Sailfin's already in, whole tank moved. Now just upping the stock slowly. At one point I lucked out and had a flame angel and a coral beauty, but the flame flamed out, and I just have the CB.

Really digging the banggai cardinalfish, but I never ever see them eat so no idea how they're surviving. Digging some of the fish you are rocking over there.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I also like using "the Torx method" of keeping the tank in total darkness for 24-48 hours after introducing new fish- this seems to work as it takes down the aggression and they are usually used to each other enough to be civil, when the lighting returns back to normal. Also feed lots to keep their energy stores up, and minimize food competition.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Wow teebone, looks amazing! Recent FTS?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you!
Yes, I will get to that soon. If you scroll up in this thread there are some FTS shots from not too long ago.

Those corals are seriously balls deep in awesome. No clove polyps though? :)

Lots of goodness eh,

A lot from your tank, still doing really well.

If only you would have made a quick frag of the Purple Monster at the time, my life would be complete :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Just couldn't cut it when it twas but a nub, and 3 years of sitting there not growing previous to that :(

That piece looks a bit like PM, just no white tips, is that what it's supposed to be? It grows too well to be PM :)