Thanks and thoughts

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay, starting to come down, it's always kind of overwhelming for me right after the event....

1) Thank you SO much to Adam, Torx, Rick for solid one-on-one help and support.  I should have taken a picture of Rick mopping, but Adam stayed from 9 to 5 pretty much, that's too cool.

2) THANK YOU to everyone who donated items.  Reef Wholesale, Proline Aquatics, Reef Hero, Davesolo29, Aqua Digital, Bean Bag Frags, Sealife Central, JT Custom Acrylics, BIGSHOW FRAGS, and Canada Corals.  I'm certain I'm missing someone, and if I am PLEASE PLEASE POST HERE as I don't want you to think I am unappreciative, as that would not be at all correct.  WOW it was 45 minutes of raffle calls, and I do wish everyone won something (but I can't make that happen no matter what!).  Congrats to all the winners. 

3) Final tally is $1532.50 Ronald McDonald house.  I will figure out how to get it to them next week.  By all accounts a worthy cause. We also easily made the Royal Canadian Legion WELL over $1000 for sure including hall rental, and without those guys we wouldn't have the freedom to do what we are able to do today.  They asked us back for next year and said you guys were absolutely top notch, no complaints from their side.

4) Apologies for the heat.  I did suffer with it too, so I felt your pain. :)

5) I do hope everyone had a good time.  I felt bad for those that had the 12 inch thick stack of raffle tickets that didn't win. It does go to charity and not my 24K gold Mercedes so hopefully that takes the sting out of it for some people.

6) I will likely look at different options for the event next year... Ideally I would love to have much better climate control, and everyone on the same level.  The bar was a nice option but not a necessity.    Parking, ease of access and lack of carpeting are my prime criteria, so I will see if I can find something to match. It seems like it's an event that could only grow, but I am open to suggestions

That's all I can think of for now.  I need to have a Guinness in the hot tub and chillax. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
davesolo29 link said:
I have a question glen,  were vendors not allowed to buy raffle tickets?

No I only banned myself from buying tickets, as it would look really bad if I won.  Madjelly bought a bunch just before the raffle for example, and definitely there was no policy in place.... 

sunnykita

Super Active Member
A resounding success, and thanks Salty for all the hard work, and even if you felt it didn't look like everything was under control, it felt like it was. I thought it was a great afternoon for everyone. Glad we collectively managed to raise so much for such a good cause. Fraggers rock !

theyangman

Distinguished Member
Twas a great event, good to see many familiar faces again. I feel like I might be falling back down this slippery slope back into this hobby full time.... *sigh*

Big ups to Glen for organizing this event! Good job man, and raising good cash for a well deserved charity.

Victoss

The event was great and I spent way too much, didn't help that I spent almost all my brothers cash who tagged along also ;D. But I came away with some awesome stuff and I won JT's acrylic fish trap, now I need to find a reason to catch a fish!

One thought for next year is if your at the same venue the raffle could be held downstairs where the tables and chairs were to the left of the bar? That way it would be much cooler, everyone could sit and more traffic would have to venture downstairs to submit their raffle tickets. Also it would clear up the front door on the 1st floor which would be my only other criticism. I'm just picking at little things "constructive criticism" ;), overall the event was still amazing and you did a great job like always Salty!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I think definitely downstairs would be a good option for the raffles, and suggested by a few others.  I just have to have someone "guarding" the raffle items, so it's just a logistics thing.  Believe me, it was about 400 degrees (and definitely crowded) where I was standing during the raffles.  Oh next year someone has to raffle off a fan or portable air con! :)

DerekL

Thank you Glen for putting on a great event. Was nice to see some of the guys I met at Ricks frag swap last year and to meet a few other members from the forum. Always nice to put a face to names. I also grabbed a few nice frags as well.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Oh and thank you to reefkeeper420 (I knew I was missing someone)... He came out early and helped set up, which of course was really awesome.  I re-read the thank you list and did the facepalm thing.  For god's sake if I missed anyone else with my stupidty please speak up... I honest and TRULY did appreciate the help!!  :)

(I owe you a free sweet frag some time you are back in town buddy)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I should also mention that the booths and setups looked awesome this year.  Hard to top my cluttered, unlighted setup but I think a few managed to trump me.  ;)

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I see your buddy is over on AP trashing frag fest again.  Going on about driving 5 hours and paying to see the "same ol" corals. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
davesolo29 link said:
I see your buddy is over on AP trashing frag fest again.  Going on about driving 5 hours and paying to see the \"same ol\" corals. Lmao

Which buddy is that?

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I think our banned list is only three people.  Other than lonely housewives(which I'm not really sure whose bright idea it was to ban them) and spammers.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Not a problem Salty, glad i could help.  Wish i coulda met more people but i was alittle nervous bein there by myself lol. I hope my zoa donation got sold to help out the site. :) great event!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
davesolo29 link said:
I think our banned list is only three people.  Other than lonely housewives(which I'm not really sure whose bright idea it was to ban them) and spammers.
Whoa... who banned lonely housewives?!?!