The Classifieds

New Classifieds vs Old Classifieds - Please vote for the classifieds you prefer.

• New Classifieds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old Classifieds

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
As you may have noticed we haven't removed the "Old Classified section" from the site as we had planned to do at the first of the month. I've received a fair amount of mixed feedback regarding the new classifieds mod (mostly negative). I'm not sure if I made the right decision in adding this new mod to the forum.

I would like to hear everybody's opinion before we go ahead as planned and delete the old classifieds. 

Thanks,

Rick

davesolo29

Super Active Member
what i dont like about the new classifieds is that they dont show up when you click the "show unread posts since last visit" button.
the format is to APish as well.  I prefer the old way.

Royal Aquariums

Inactive Since Crash
INACTIVE
Website
www.royalaquariums.ca
Alot of people visit AP daily, solely for to keep an update on the classifieds sections. I think it is nice how you can see the images of new ad's so easily, on the homepage. This way you dont have to go into the classified section everyday to know if there is something new that may peak your interest.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Petercar link said:
the only thing i dont like about the new classifies  is yu have to actually go to classifies as it dosnt show up at show unread posts

+1, and also you can't bump your ad back to the top if it is updated :(

I like that the new classified has pics and an overview tho..

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
davesolo29 link said:
what i dont like about the new classifieds is that they dont show up when you click the \"show unread posts since last visit\" button.

I PMed the developer about this and was told "not currently supported due to performance reasons". Whatever that means??

I also messaged him about how it doesn't work with Tapatalk and he said that it was Tapatalks fault and there was nothing he could do. I emailed tapatalk and they said it was the developers fault and that there was nothing they could do. Go figure ???

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
ricklalonde link said:
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=3268.msg27077#msg27077 date=1349561831]
what i dont like about the new classifieds is that they dont show up when you click the \"show unread posts since last visit\" button.

I PMed the developer about this and was told "not currently supported due to performance reasons". Whatever that means??

I also messaged him about how it doesn't work with Tapatalk and he said that it was Tapatalks fault and there was nothing he could do. I emailed tapatalk and they said it was the developers fault and that there was nothing they could do. Go figure ???
[/quote]

Ask the developer for your money back. ;)

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=ricklalonde link=topic=3268.msg27093#msg27093 date=1349567011]
[quote author=davesolo29 link=topic=3268.msg27077#msg27077 date=1349561831]

[/quote]

Ask the developer for your money back. ;)
[/quote]

I just might :p

BTW the cost of this mod came out of my pocket. This was something I wanted to do for the forum and I understood the risk of purchasing from a third party developer. No money donated or raised was used in purchasing it. This will be my loss only. Which I'm 100% OK with. I would much rather have a classifieds section that everyone approves and knows how to use. 

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Although it does not notify through Tapatalk, which I agree is something that could be improved, I set to get notifications every time something is posted. I get an email to my phone with new ads and then I know even quicker when a new item is posted. Although yes, viewing the site on a phone is not ideal, I know when something is posted and it notifies me the title of the item for sale in the email. If I am not interested, then I just do not look. If so, I do look.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Torx link said:
Although it does not notify through Tapatalk, which I agree is something that could be improved, I set to get notifications every time something is posted. I get an email to my phone with new ads and then I know even quicker when a new item is posted. Although yes, viewing the site on a phone is not ideal, I know when something is posted and it notifies me the title of the item for sale in the email. If I am not interested, then I just do not look. If so, I do look.
quit trying to make the new classifieds sound good.  it isnt working.  lol

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I use rss feeds. Updates me on new ads. Not on comments though.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Send me the files for this thing.  I will try to fix it lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
inconvenient on my phone,go back to the old one,put expiry on all ads for deletion say after 90 days, so save on forum size,and i agree it don't work

ya i dislike it also, its too much for our small site, too many options that have no use for us and i've missed a few deals already from not noticing new ads being posted.

theres got to be something else if the old way wasnt cutting it, how about asign someone to moderate the classifieds sections, and just start inforcing some simple rules.
if the rules arent followed then just delete the ad and send a PM saying "your ad has been removed, please relist your item by following the rules."

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What was the issue with the old classifieds anyways? Was it that people werent being descriptive enough and not including pictures? Heck ill moderate that section and be responsible for cleaning up the old ads and making sure its kept organized.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I liked how on old classifieds you can delete ads. New classifieds seems like more work for admin and mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.