The glue epoxy sandwich .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
The best method for gluing coral hands down is the super glue gel and 2 part epoxy putty sandwich  method. 

Basically if you have a frag plug, cut the end nipple off.  If you are using a rock or just want to glue a coral striaght onto the rock that is fine too.  Clean the surface of the rock in the tank you want to stick the coral too with a toothbrush.  Glue doesnt stick to dirty rock.  Now take your frag/coral out of the water and put glue on it - a ball of epoxy - and more glue on the outside.  Next put the frag/coral in the water and attach it too the rock.

The reason this works is the glue is sticky but it wont fill the gaps and is messy....the epoxy is not that sticky but forms into the rock.  I use dollarama glue and aquamend epoxy from the states...basically the same as two lil fishes aquastick.  If you find 2 part epoxy but dont know if its reef safe its always best to ask the forums.

I even do my frags like this onto the frag plugs cause the sps wont fall over...you dont need to wait for the glue to set at all.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
One more tip.

Epoxy: Take the piece you are about to 'mix' and put it in the microwave for 5-8 seconds (depending on size).  It doesn't heat it up too much (which the coral wouldn't like) but makes it pliable as butter.  MUCH easier to work with. 

spyd

Super Active Member
28 tubes!! Come get em' Dave! I agree with Darryl on this one. The epoxy fills the gaps and allows corals to encrust onto the rock a lot quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.