The Late Jack Layton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Not a total surprise considering the way he looked at the press conference.  He was an extremely likeable personality and seemed to really care for the under privileged and working class. 

S

shayneh

Truly a sad day! I've been voting NDP forever and was looking forward to the face of politics changing for the better. Although party politics remain unchanged the next NDP leader has some seriously large shoes to fill.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
shayneh link said:
Truly a sad day! I've been voting NDP forever and was looking forward to the face of politics changing for the better. Although party politics remain unchanged the next NDP leader has some seriously large shoes to fill.

I would have voted NDP for oxford (woodstock) but conservatives have a strong hold and liberals had a better shot.  I think the three party system we have now is splitting the progressive vote and the conservatives are the benefactor.

S

shayneh

I seriously think that was the case for all of Canada. There is no way the Cons should have won a majority. I am confident the next 3 years of a Harper (don't ask cause we won't tell) govt will help. The provincial election might be interesting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.