The "lucky My Wife Still Loves Me" 180 In Wall Build

mmatt

I present to you my 180gal in wall build with fish room. This build has been about 3 years in the making. But in order to accomplish this I needed a new house. Lol. Don't get me wrong buying a new house just for the sake of a large tank wasnt my main reason for buying a new house but how convenient it was. It was however a factor in the choice of house.

A year and a half in to the new house and lots of Reno's later I was able to put some focus into my mix reef build and finishing the rest of the basement. The tank is a180 Starfire glass tank and custom acrylic sump. Purchased a few years ago from another member.

I had to re-plumb the tank and build a water mixing station. With all the fixings inbetween.

Mix mash of equipment include, apex controller, mp40wes, mp60wes, ecotech battery backup, H&S big bastard skimmer (can only run a single pump on it) ATI t5 60" fixture, reefbrite 50/50, reef Brite all blue, tunze top off.

Other things im im looking at are apex moon light system and probably the apex module for ecotech. Also the apex flood alarm.

So far everything is leak free, but haven't tested the salt side of the mixing station yet.

Just put rocks and sand in this weekend and starting to seed.

Project I am working on right now is cable management. Argh! The worst.

Hoping to start transferring things from 75 in a few weeks.

And my wife still loves me! Here are some progress pics. I'll try and keep up on updates but not gonna lie I'm pretty bad at that shit. Lol

Only contractor brought in was the plumbing for the floor.

mmatt

Lol no no we are still happily married. Just been busy finishing the rest of the basement. I will post pics in the next few days. Busy with my one year olds b day party tomorrow. That's priority to stay happily married. Lol

mmatt

Everything in the tank seems balanced and consistent. Lost a few fish and a few corals but all in all pretty good. Zoas don't seem to want grow for some reason and a few montis don't seem happy but not the case for all.

mmatt

So a little longer than a few days but here are some 4 month update pics. Also a few pics of my most recent project for the basement. little wine display for the bar section.

Coral was moved from my old tank and lots of new pieces. Some old fish and some new. Anyways here are a few pics. Enjoy.
Don't mind the monti in the sand. Fell and I havent picked it up yet.

20200119_193355.jpg
20200119_193322.jpg
20200119_193410.jpg
20200119_193434.jpg
20200119_193538.jpg
20200119_193506.jpg