The Mystery Build

Fredk

default_ninja.gif
default_ninja.gif

Fredk

Wascally wabbits!
default_dry.png
default_dry.png
Well, OK, so maybe I should pay closer attention to my text messages. Missed some. Somebody else scooped the tank.
headwalls.gif

Carry on...

Fredk

whatd you get
If I told you, it wouldn't be a mystery would it? :D

So far, what I have is a commitment for someone to sell me a tank when it is empty in two or three weeks. Last time I tried this, the tank ended up in someone else's hands because I missed a couple of texts. This time I had the good sense to put down a deposit. :)

So now I wait... o_O

Fredk

One ringy dingy. Two ringy dingy...

Tank's ready soon. I pick up next weekend. :)

Hmm, maybe I should actually make some space for this thing.

Fredk

Everything is in hand now. Picked up the stand, very nice sump, RO and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

Now the work begins. The short list:

1. clean up and repaint the stand. I'm thinking of putting a coat of truck bed liner over the paint as well.
2. build a flood pan for the tank. 3rd floor apt. Floods happen.
3. consider mods to the tank. More on that in another post
4. Build RO cart (and clean out the closet it will go in).
5. work out the plumbing for the tank (related to tank mods.

Fredk

The Stand

Its 2" tube steel construction that was build new 4 years ago for the tank. Over that time its collected a bit of surface rust. I've had two previous metal stands and both accumulated surface rust over 4-6 years of use for salt water.

Since this is my one chance for this stand, I want to clean it up properly. Since salt seems to penetrate most normal metal paints I though I might try a coat of truck bed liner to see if that does a better job of protecting the metal. I've not seen this mentioned on DIY reef forums though, so I have no idea how well it will work.