Status
Not open for further replies.

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
What new frags/equipment did you pick up at the swap?

I picked up...

Red Setosa 2in frag - Trade from Chuck
Forst Fire Digitata 3in frag - Trade from Chuck
2x Rasta Zoas 5&7 polyps
AOG Zoas apporx 15 polyps

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Can we use this as a thread to post pics of the stuff we have no idea what it is?  ;D

Everything was a score. Who comes home with a tub full of frags, and money still in pocket?? 

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I hope everyone had a great time.  Im sure you all did.  I am sorry i couldnt make it.  Believe me, i would much rather have had a fun filled day talking with you guys than what has been going on here.

dale

i got a peice of bubblegum chalce
nuclear green zoos
sunset monti
duncans
another peice of chalice
my first acro... green... somethin... cant remember...
gsp
orange zoos (the ones on the little peice of dead coral)
heaters
lunch
thanks for the deals guys!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It was crazy the size and quality (and prices!!) of everything this year. These pics aren't doing these pieces justice either.  We were all like crack addicts... I had my dealer in the house and my dealer in the garage :)

We were there about 40 minutes after it started, and we were told the frag tank had already been cleared out quite a bit.. :eek:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Couldn't be more then happy. Nice new zoas to add some new colors. More trumpets as they are a new found love. 3 types of SPS, no reason, just thought I would try them out and see what happens. Amazing duncans. Of coarse had to get a ton of mushrooms, more types and colors then I can list. My first Acan, tentacles came out while my lights were out, I guess that is a good sign. Love the Everlasting paly. All great stuff that all seem to be opening up and tentacles came out on all my trumpets and acan. I dont have it all listed here, but great stuff.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Fresh outta the Coral Rx bath, everything is looking GooD!

Not sure where I am going to put any of these....
:?

Meteor Shower Cyphastra
meteorshowercyph.jpg

Purple tipped acro
DSC_0261-2.jpg

fluroscent green stylo
DSC_0264-1.jpg

water melon chalice
DSC_0259-1.jpg

HUGE frag of red planet
DSC_0260-1.jpg

pink smoothie digi
DSC_0265-1.jpg

HUGE frag of ywllow deep water acro
DSC_0254-1.jpg

zoas...
DSC_0255-1.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
All my stuff is looking amazing, except the yellow deep water acro... Guess it wasn't deep enough in the water lol bleached in a day. I can see a glowing yellow chunk still so hopefully it will hold on.

Will post photos of all the new goodies tonight :)

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Wow guys, I had a great time at Ricks, Thanks again everyone!!

Heres a few of the things I picked up

Blue Coral, came from Darryl V I think, I was surprised this one made it so far into the swap, Looks like a 200$ frag of some Limited Edition Acro if u ask me  ;) ;)

076_zpsb671936e.jpg

Some green coral l that I think I remember seeing Darryl selling months ago, no one wanted it then, but its pretty sweet if you ask me. Not Sure on an ID, maybe Darryl can chime in

083_zps089dfbec.jpg

Meteor Shower

077_zps066959ad.jpg

Some Sweet Zoo's

080_zps18699ce7.jpg

and the HUGE birdsnest frag.. Thanks again!!

081_zpsfc92dbc8.jpg

I got a few more too, will update with pictures later.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Nice stuff Duke.  Ya that stag was from me......it gets pretty shaggy and can take a lot of light.  Under the right conditions it is a real nice bright teal.  The other one which might have come from me is a montipora undata.  Very similar to the tyree undata but smaller polyps.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Great pics Duke.. I'm sure you know this, but make sure to keep the Meteor Shower in a slightly shaded area. From what I have seen in others' tanks, it does best when lower in the tank, out of full light.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
Great pics Duke.. I'm sure you know this, but make sure to keep the Meteor Shower in a slightly shaded area. From what I have seen in others' tanks, it does best when lower in the tank, out of full light.

that's good to know, thanks. I dialed down the LEDS since I added so many frags at once, going to bring the levels back up over the next week or so. it seems my frag is slightly bleached out already, and anytime I've seen a frag at the LFS they were bleached out too. I hope I can get it to look like Darryls baby jar.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
yep meteor shower bleaches right out, but does awesome in some shade. This piece was almost white, now has started to encrust (sorry crappy camera phone pic)

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yeah after I fraged them they lost a bit of colour. Tylers right,  keep it shaded and it will go back to a bright blue with red polyps.

Duke link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=3309.msg27937#msg27937 date=1350418241]

that's good to know, thanks. I dialed down the LEDS since I added so many frags at once, going to bring the levels back up over the next week or so. it seems my frag is slightly bleached out already, and anytime I've seen a frag at the LFS they were bleached out too. I hope I can get it to look like Darryls baby jar.
[/quote]

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Took some quick pics with phone.

Glow in the dark white deepwater acro
photo25.jpg

Birdsnest
photo26-1.jpg

Superman Digitata
photo27-1.jpg

Blue Stag