There Is A New Apex

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It has a new look and built in WiFi. They also removed firmware updates and have their own OS. Therefore there will not be issues with bricking during firmware update. It will be the same as updating Windows. They also redid the webpages. There are also updating Fusion to reflect the same control as the webpages. They have built in the salinity probe , no longer needing another module for the salinity probe.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
They are still using Fusion, but it will be through an App. Right now only available through Apple and will have IOS notifications for reminders that you can program such as reminders when to test.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
There is a new energy bar as well. It has 3 1-link connections built in with the 8 outlets (6/2 still), DOS can be powered through the 1-link. Only one cable for power and aquabus control. There are also 2 DC connections for DIY wires for fans etc. It can also activate ATO solenoid accessory and small utiliy pump that will be available by Apex. All in one energy bar

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
503245432194074548dcd013c90cb507.jpg

f38ed9230bd16004dfc276e0a2bd581f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
New has WiFi, better probes, 3 1-Link and has individual monitoring of all outlets $799.95 USD ($1079 CAD), same price as the current Apex Gold system when not on sale. They have pushed back the Apex COR release due to concentrating on this new unit.

Soon to come...my Apex will be for sale so that I can buy this.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
This new device will replace the current gold system that is no longer being offered. From what I managed to gather even though I joined late is that probes are backwards compatible but the new power bar is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marz

Ah...well mine is working fine. The new ios app will still work with the old controller was my understanding...did it end as I got cut off.

Marz

I have to read up more on this. It would be interesting if the wifi on the new unit replaces the WXM. The api component is very attractive as it opens it up for new Dev. Also the outlet energy use is very attractive as well.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Hopefully this means cheap backup apex pieces for me :)

I have no plan to upgrade from the current one. It works, I would only worry about replacement parts.
The Apex Gold package is discontinued. The 'old' Apex will still be sold only known as Apex Classic. So they will still be supporting the 'old' Apex for quite some time.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Nighthawk26

Salinity port on board too. I thought for sure that stream was gonna be about the FMM module.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk