There Is A New Apex

Nighthawk26

One thing, I don't get. I always seem to catch people in things that make no sense. They make the main unit flip up claiming the reason is to protect from water etc, etc, yet then make this chunky power bar with all the plugs still on the front.

I am sure this has been on the back burner for some time, but once it became rather obvious Ecotech is working on something, and it seems like the mythical Vertex Cerebra is finally set to launch, they are racing to get this out to distract or keep people on their platform.

Pretty convenient timing of this release on the same day. Apex moved faster than planned, or Vertex is bluffing.

https://reefbuilders.com/tag/vertex-cerebra/

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Here is. A email I got with it

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1464114209.040349.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1464114209.040349.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 73

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So used gold packages should be around $400 or less?

If I can get my credit card paid down in the next few weeks, I will be posting mine for sale. But my price wont be $400. Probably $650 with a second EB8 ($215+ tx CAD retail). I will have to watch the used pricing, but right now a new Apex Classic is $742+tx CAD with only 1 EB8 and Apex sells for $1079+tx CAD. The reason that it will retain their value is that currently the Apex Classic is not an end-of-life product. They just have 2 models available, like a car. They are continuing support for the Apex Classic and future mods will be compatible as well. The iOS app will work with Apex Classic and all of its new features as well.

Nighthawk26

$450-$500 they should FLY FLY away. I may consider. We will see. I would not be surprised if next Macna sees an ETM announcement.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Well if they are $750 new how can you expect less than a 50% loss on original purchase price. Also a new "better" version has came out.

I could be wrong, but I feel if the gold was of any value people that have them wouldn't be trying to sell them off so fast.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Controllers are not like other equipment in the hobby. If I don't sell in Ontario, I will hit up ebay. Just like the Jr vs classic, the value is still there in an upgrade. I never upgraded to the old Gold Apex version as I already had almost all of it. I want to get a WAV and this will save over $100 there, plus I am looking forwards to the DC outputs.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Controllers are not like other equipment in the hobby. If I don't sell in Ontario, I will hit up ebay. Just like the Jr vs classic, the value is still there in an upgrade. I never upgraded to the old Gold Apex version as I already had almost all of it. I want to get a WAV and this will save over $100 there, plus I am looking forwards to the DC outputs.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Depending how many people make the jump right away, the classic will still be in high demand. Forget eBay. Out west would gobble it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nighthawk26

I did read on a FB group page that the Classic had MAP removed. No clue if this is true or not, or if there is enough margin for it to even matter. US forums, I am hearing numbers like $450 to $500. so Ebay is smart with the dollar as it is, and 100 times the possible buyers.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I did read on a FB group page that the Classic had MAP removed. No clue if this is true or not, or if there is enough margin for it to even matter. US forums, I am hearing numbers like $450 to $500. so Ebay is smart with the dollar as it is, and 100 times the possible buyers.

Not sure about having the MAP removed...but they do have it on sale in the US at least. BRS has them for $75 off at $449.95 USD or $583.30 CAD which is cheaper then reefsupplies has them for currently at $742. But reefsupplies will ship for free and no worries about duties etc. Still probably the better deal in the long run to go with reefsupplies.ca if you are serious about looking at a new one.