This Is Scarry!

I don't really eat fish very often and don't like Salmon so this doesn't really effect me. As Heather said people have to be fed so I understand why there's a need for this sort of thing. I do think that there should be labeling though so that consumers can decide for themselves.

I think the scariest thing is if one of these fish gets back into the wild population. If that happens and then years later there seems to be issues with the genetically modified fish there's nothing that can be done.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Is also got to the point now that the population has no say as to what happens. Doesn't matter what it is. Grab your seat and hold on for the ride.... cause the next few years is going to be interesting !!!!

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
BTW....we have some of the GMO Zebra Danios that had coral florescent protein genes spliced (originally developed for industrial use BTW) and they are awesome...so much better than the days when they would dye black tetras....

Crap ... wish I would have read these comments before I got a hot dog from the vendor outside the beer store!! :eek:

I should be OK though. I think alcohol makes all these things inert. :cool:

thehvacman

All of North Americas food is genetically modified in way or another. If you haven't watched the documentary " gmo's, omg " you really should watch it! Everyone is going to get cancer! And we are doing it to ourselves. There is a sustainable way to farm and feed eveyone, but we are looking for an easy solution! Man we are so F ed.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
All of North Americas food is genetically modified in way or another. If you haven't watched the documentary " gmo's, omg " you really should watch it! Everyone is going to get cancer! And we are doing it to ourselves. There is a sustainable way to farm and feed eveyone, but we are looking for an easy solution! Man we are so F ed.
Like I said in my previous post.... there is not a damn thing we can do about it either. Just hold on for the ride

shamous113

Two things that really bother me about this are I don't get to make a choice and what happens to the environment when they get out. it's not a matter if it will happen it always does. I 100% believe that we should know what we are eating. Selective breeding is drastically different then adding gens in a petridish.