Thought this was worth sharing...

Bfofre

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2014/05/05/london-ronald-mcdonald-house-a-godsend-for-hundreds-of-windsor-families/

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Jewel

I'm not saying anything against the charity Ronald Mcdonald House. Infact I am a supporter of the great work they do But and this is just my opinion and feel free to pipe in if you don't agree. Ronald Mcdonald House has millions of dollars donated to them every year,

I think I would like the proceeds at further functions promote a local charity, something that a few thousands of dollars would make a difference. I don't know which one but I'd like to see the money having a bigger impact and Locally.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Jewel link said:
I'm not saying anything against the charity Ronald Mcdonald House. Infact I am a supporter of the great work they do But and this is just my opinion and feel free to pipe in if you don't agree. Ronald Mcdonald House has millions of dollars donated to them every year,

I think I would like the proceeds at further functions promote a local charity, something that a few thousands of dollars would make a difference. I don't know which one but I'd like to see the money having a bigger impact and Locally.

Talk to anyone that has needed the assistance of this charity, and they will tell you the money is being used very well, which can't be said about most charities.

Charities pop up like weeds now. Everyone is looking for $$$ I would rather stick with the big ones, that if they can, help smaller associated charities.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have to agree, all of the feedback from RMH is good, and they have excellent accounting and reporting, the money goes where the money should for the most part...

There plenty of lists of "best and worst" and RMH never comes in on the bad side (unlike unicef, march of dimes, red cross and united way).  It's funny that terr fox run puts $.83 from every dollar to actual use, while Canadian Cancer society only puts $.22 from each loonie. 

Anyway, I think the money goes to good use.  I have a soft spot for sick kids, so it's all good :)

Marz

Being new to the site and SW, I still had to say something. I believe that consensus on a very personal issue is difficult. From what I have seen here, you (SaltyCracker) have evaluated some key points, run a great "fest", and raised a lot of money - my 5 cents -donate to  whichever Charity you select. I support who I can when I can (personally), but will still be attending Fragfest and losing...err...spending money :)