Tigger pods I dumped in?

The PITH Column

I noticed a pileup of those tiny white dots under the powerhead magnet, that I am still not entirely sure what they are, so when I went to lift the magnet I saw these. I dumped in some Tigger pods last week. Are these just bigger Tigger pods now?

Attachments

• 20230430_152920.jpg
    20230430_152920.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 58

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
That's a REALLY healthy amphipod population. I notice quite a few bright green ones, are you dosing phyto? And to the other reefers here, am I wrong to think the color would change based on their diet?

The PITH Column

That's a REALLY healthy amphipod population. I notice quite a few bright green ones, are you dosing phyto? And to the other reefers here, am I wrong to think the color would change based on their diet?
I have never dosed any phytoplankton, and I've been sitting in front of the tank and can see so many more all over the cyano and more protected parts of the rocks. I guess it is time to read about anphipods!

Sasha T

Website
www.instagram.com
I have never dosed any phytoplankton, and I've been sitting in front of the tank and can see so many more all over the cyano and more protected parts of the rocks. I guess it is time to read about anphipods!
IME the short of it is they are CUC, acting as part of the food chain for picky eaters like mandarin gobies, all in line with copepods and rotifers, they're just a little more visible due to their size.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
If you had a wrasse in there they will keep ‘em under control , but as far as I know they are harmless / free food for fish or corals that can catch them