Toronto Maple Leafs 1st Round Draft Pick. Will It Help?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I don't really have a soft spot anymore, they took too much of my life/money away and gave absolutely nothing back, even enjoyment. Last night I watched leaf fans on the absolute edge of their seats with worry, they weren't enjoying the game at all, in fact you can never enjoy a leaf game because deep down you know they can/might/will screw up. I was like "I used to be like them".

That said, if they win without using a crutch, then I'll give them their due. This year there was nothing but the team that got them this far, so good for them. I hope it's a permanent change, and not just a one year thing. I mean, they did tank on purpose last year just to get a shot at matthews, but meh, water under the bridge, someone was going to get him.

The only teams I truly hate, and will never ever give them any credit, is montreal and philly. Montreal just proves how shitty they are by picking up ott. Probably the biggest goon left in the league at this point. He's not out there to score goals, he's out there to injure people. Shit team, shit fans, etc etc. True hate for that team. Same thing for philly except they didn't make the playoffs. :)

Nick James

We get the feeling we know the players on a personal level and some identity so strongly that grown men wear their favourite guys jersey like a high school girlfriend

So you are telling me Joe Carter doesn't actually know I exist? And he is NOT going to call me?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I don't really have a soft spot anymore, they took too much of my life/money away and gave absolutely nothing back, even enjoyment. Last night I watched leaf fans on the absolute edge of their seats with worry, they weren't enjoying the game at all, in fact you can never enjoy a leaf game because deep down you know they can/might/will screw up. I was like "I used to be like them".

That said, if they win without using a crutch, then I'll give them their due. This year there was nothing but the team that got them this far, so good for them. I hope it's a permanent change, and not just a one year thing. I mean, they did tank on purpose last year just to get a shot at matthews, but meh, water under the bridge, someone was going to get him.

The only teams I truly hate, and will never ever give them any credit, is montreal and philly. Montreal just proves how shitty they are by picking up ott. Probably the biggest goon left in the league at this point. He's not out there to score goals, he's out there to injure people. Shit team, shit fans, etc etc. True hate for that team. Same thing for philly except they didn't make the playoffs. :)

Well the Pittsburg guy sesito who ran Anderson last night is pretty much a goon full time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quartapound

6f95b0b40d0b4c304c722a7392d9fadc.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Lol, I can't say anything, leafs win on a penalty and bruins lose on one. Both good games, leafs are legitimately beating the caps. If caps don't win the next game leafs may actually progress to the next round for the first time since 1938, so good show! :)

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com

I take offense to this, just because he is a distant long lost brother to me ;)

And this coming from a Boston fan? You don't like goons? Funny to me. Just a year ago (maybe two) you had some idiot named Lucic that threatened people and wouldn't shake peoples hands. Sure he scored a goal or two, but he was and still is a goon (or enforcer), just because he scores some goals doesn't change the fact he is a disgusting excuse for a hockey player. Boston is one of the cheapest teams out there, Marchand scores goals but his lack of respect for the other players through his spearing and slew foots is disgusting.

A Boston fan with a conscious to "goonery" is laughable.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I had a man crush on lucic. Rooting for Edmonton if the Bruins get eliminated.

Marchand is a true superstar, his play, his numbers... If you had a guy like him on your team, maybe you wouldn't be watching golf big guy :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Salty I have nothing against you, I just wish you cheered for any other team than Boston
This is how the majority of ppl view Boston fans
https://www.facebook.com/TSN/posts/10155302127056055

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, don't blame all Boston fans for the actions of a few radicals, you racist!

It's funny that most of the real leaf fans are out in the street outside the ACC during a game, because all the platinum seats sit empty...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Lol, don't blame all Boston fans for the actions of a few radicals, you racist!

It's funny that most of the real leaf fans are out in the street outside the ACC during a game, because all the platinum seats sit empty...
people keep saying that, but i couldn't find an empty seat anywhere....
and they also say the fans outside were louder than inside.... again no evidence or proof, the fans in the building were so loud they couldn't here to whistle being blown once or twice....

i guess your just living up to your name " salty"

:)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
LOL, look, I've been to the ACC. I know what the platinum seats are. I KNOW they aren't there for half the game, so all I can think of is you had nosebleeds up above the platinums. So down below you, there was likely 200 seats empty...
The "fans" outside are louder because out there it's $2 a beer, and inside the ACC it's $20 a beer. They can afford to be 10x as rowdy.
Remember, I was a fan for a loooooong time. I've known leaf fans, and leaf fan behaviour for 20 years longer than you've been alive whippersnapper.