Torx 60 Gallon Cube Seahorse Tank

Bayinaung

just noticed the float valve. Is that hooked directly to your RODI system or to a reservoir tank? Do you trust it and does it work well? I bought one and tested it. It just didn't work consistently enough for me so I never used it.

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Holy shit mark I just watched the video.... that's is awesome to watch

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
just noticed the float valve. Is that hooked directly to your RODI system or to a reservoir tank? Do you trust it and does it work well? I bought one and tested it. It just didn't work consistently enough for me so I never used it.
I have it plumbed to a half gallon jug. Even if it fails, there is 0 effect to my water. Being a closed lid and cooler Temps, I refill it every other day or so. I will be upping to a 1 gallon.

I have had the same gravity set up on my 120 since it was build. Never had an issue. It has a 10 gallon reservoir.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
PE is good for a treat but shouldn't be used as their main food. It has been linked to Fatty Liver disease because of the huge amounts of oils in them and they are a freshwater shrimp instead of a saltwater like the Hikari.

heath

Distinguished Member
PE is good for a treat but shouldn't be used as their main food. It has been linked to Fatty Liver disease because of the huge amounts of oils in them and they are a freshwater shrimp instead of a saltwater like the Hikari.

Glad that I read this post, I feed the Hikari and when I started reading I thought that I was doing something wrong...

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Glad that I read this post, I feed the Hikari and when I started reading I thought that I was doing something wrong...
I used to feed PE exclusively when I first started keeping seahorses. I had two die with very bloated bodies around the upper chest area. When I began researching I found out about the fatty liver disease and, though I'm not sure mine had that, I switched. They definitely like the PE better because they are larger but I felt it wasn't worth the risk. Now they get it as a treat only.

heath

Distinguished Member
I don't buy, not sure if our little fish store even carries it, everyone like a treat once in awhile so I should look next time I'm there...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Oh wow. Well I didnt read any of that until I started specifically googling for it. All I had read is several other seahorse forums saying how great it is. The only negative was that some did not like them due to their size. I will probably mix the 2 on different feedings. All I have right now is Omega One Mysis and PE. I will see about getting some Hikari mixed in with my order from Sustainable Marine.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Got it hooked up to my Apex today. I still need to get my hands on an Apex PM1 and temp probe and I should have all the toys I want for the tank.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Oh, he doesn't have any on his list. I will have to find a vendor that I like where I can get it. There is only one in London that I know has it.
Do you drive through Hamilton on your travels? If so, I get all of my food from Mail Order Pet Supplies and Dave picks it up for me on his way though Hamilton. Very good prices for the large flat pack.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Do you drive through Hamilton on your travels? If so, I get all of my food from Mail Order Pet Supplies and Dave picks it up for me on his way though Hamilton. Very good prices for the large flat pack.
Unfortunately no. I go down i75 and down through Ohio daily. Very rarely head north anymore. One of the reasons I love that Ian comes this way.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Some pics. Ian at Sustainable Marine Canada has hooked me up with just about everything I have requested or needed. Clean up crew, several types of macro algae and different types of Mysis. He just dropped off some blue macro algae, manderine and some pods today for me. I am always looking for more large Gorgs for the tank.

3b8e5e9ed8f62f90462f8252f06fa3b9.jpg

9873c6dc5484b1ced399e8d0d6b76619.jpg

Top down to see the blue algae. Hard to get the color on camera, but it really is a dark blue right now.

f4f27fecc34d5fe5964dbeebf0142126.jpg

Orange gorg.

951697614f0c734bdae1c97edd26d9c3.jpg