Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Bigshow frags was nice enough to send me a copy of the stock image from their site. I can not wait for the orange to come in a little more. Right now it is a peach. I freaking love this coral. The stuff they bring in always amazes me.

image1_zps3vw7ieal.png

Pufferman

Bigshow frags was nice enough to send me a copy of the stock image from their site. I can not wait for the orange to come in a little more. Right now it is a peach. I freaking love this coral. The stuff they bring in always amazes me.

image1_zps3vw7ieal.png
So did your orange tip colour up? how does it compare to the yellow tip black torch?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Colored up a lot better. It likes more blue and that pulled it out. I dropped a frag off to a member last week and it turn Halloween orange just while it was floating in his tank. It was cool to watch.

It is not as bright as the green, which I have, I still want some yellow. It is on my to buy list. That and an orange torch. I am not buying more for a little bit now. Actually selling a bunch to finish my next project build. Then I will be looking at adding some more rare torches, hammers, frog spawn and/or octospawn.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Janice

Wow. I just looked at your pictures. I wish I had your talent! That is amazing-although my husband would never stand for it! LOL!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Almost time to archive this and start a new one I think. I added the Octo BioChurn 120R Biopellet reactor a week or so ago and nitrates are not detectable on my RedSea test kit.

fe63f78d5bc824d62e820c1844e2cbba.jpg

Phosphates are also running at 0, guess it is time to start spot feeding.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So after the near disaster with the cracked overflow I wanted to make my tank even quieter. It was set up with a full siphon, trickle and emergency. It was a simple Herbie. It was pretty quiet, but not quite where I wanted it to be. My overflow is to compact (12"x6"x4") to do a standard bean animal, so I improvised. I Still run 1 full siphon with no pvc as shown. The second pipe is the trickle and I used 1" threaded to 1" T with a cap drilled. Then all I have room for is a 90 degree 1" elbow spigot that comes down right above the full siphon. It starts up perfectly every time and is dead quiet. I actually opened my storage room door so that I could hear my sump flowing so that I knew it was still working. Other then seeing the surface water being disturbed, I would not even know it was running. I will be doing the same to the seahorse tank soon.

I can not get a decent pic, so here is a sketch.

Overflow01.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Torx would you not want a strainer on the full siphon?
With the valve blocking s good portion of the pipe , any snail or fish isn't going to make it all the way down the pipe, and get stuck at the valve and create... problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Torx would you not want a strainer on the full siphon?
With the valve blocking s good portion of the pipe , any snail or fish isn't going to make it all the way down the pipe, and get stuck at the valve and create... problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a covered overflow box they would need to get through first. So I am not too worried. No less protected then a standard bean.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very nice...What kinda across do you have in there?

Nothing too fancy. I know I have valida, some yellow acro that I picked up at fragfest, Ultimate Bonsai and a purple with neon green polyps acro. I also have 2 more that I have no idea what they are. I need to get my T5's back up and running with new bulbs, hopefully next weekend. The 2 that I do not remember are not coloring with the LED's. I do not think they are good for full tank of SPS. I think that is it for acro's. I also have a Green blue tip stag, tons of green slimmer, BRANCHING CYPHASTREA, green branching monti, tones of pocillapora and of coarse red and green cap out my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.