Traffic defenders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Mostly wondering about London companies. Anyone used one from London or know someone that has? I went to the one on wharncliffe across from wharncliffe Chrysler, haven't decided if I should inquire somewhere else as we'll or are they all the same...

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
mikilima.png

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit!

AdamS

What is the charge? It has been my experiance that you request a court date, a year later you will get one, you call the prosecutor and say, "c'mon you gotta help me out here, this is gonna kill my insurance" to which they will usually suggest you plead guilty to something much lesser. This is free!

In my experiance, the prosecuters are very reasonable people

Good luck
Adam

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I thought pointts was the big one, but since I've been to prison for driving violations, maybe I'm not the one you should be asking (however you won't get much sympathy out of me my friend) :)

C

copperkills

You may get a reduced fine, but the crown usually will not drop the points.....unless you plead guilty to a lesser offence altogether...best to elect for a court date and speak with the crown.

spyd

Super Active Member
If you don't have many previous charges, and it was not a car accident, I would go in myself and speak to the justice. If one of the above situations then I would get some help.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Car accident, and no other tickets or charges what's so ever, no at fault accidents. A careless is life changing.

J

jones02

jerry_doucette link said:
Mostly wondering about London companies. Anyone used one from London or know someone that has? I went to the one on wharncliffe across from wharncliffe Chrysler, haven't decided if I should inquire somewhere else as we'll or are they all the same...

i went to points where you went to joe mcdonald. haha been there a few times :S but she did 3 tickets for me and 2 got dropped and i settled with a following to close instead of careless 

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
as a professional driver myself,i have seen many tickets,including a few myself,if they haven't reduced it (a box on the ticket itself) checked off,you stand a good chance of getting it reduced to the actual infraction (fail to yield,following to close,etc)most carry less points,its almost standard to charge with carless on most any accident because the likely hood of a reduction is probable on a guilty plea.the only one i wasn't able to plea down was a couple of hand held communication device tickets,but they are on a rant about those these days

billyboy61

Tough break Jerry. My son used Points when he rolled his car on the 401 trying to avoid a deer. They cleared him of the careless. No one hurt or anyone else involved. Cost him around 700 I believe. I tried Ticket defenders for a speeding ticket for myself. Paid them 200 and they saved me 27$ on the fine. Still lost the 3 points. Its a crap shoot. Good luck, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.