Tropic Marin salt

Jason Bell

I'm sure you have all heard the recall on TM salt, manufactured in Turkey not Germany, plastic handles typically signify these buckets. Picture below is my storage bin that has only seen TM since this tank was started.
20220202_195431_HDR.jpg

My mixing bin is not like this at all, unlike several online who complained and said it caused death, I can't say it has. In any event, since they are recalling switching to AquaForest.

ptora

That sucks out loud. I know those who have switched to who switched RS Blue Bucket, or BW NeoMarine after the news broke out.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I’ve been using rpm for years now mixes well and clear in 30 min mix around 70•-75• temp

before used aquaforest great salt but during beginning of covid everyone ran out and rpm was 10 min away at big als kitchener , and they use it for their own tanks at the shop so it was a easy switch for me.

ptora

I was listening to the reefing report and Terrence Fugazzi said buy as much salt as you can in one shot. That way you know you'll have a few years worth of salt and know and in most cases its from one batch.

Jason Bell

I usually have 6 buckets at a time, basically a 6 month supply, I will be tossing the 3 buckets I have left, delivery comes tomorrow for new salt mix and I did get a 6 month supply.

For TM the issue goes back to April of last year when they started shipping from Turkey, unfortunately for me, I had all salt from there.