Tunze Auto Top Off - Volume Settings

TessG

Hi everyone,

Do you know if there's a way to reduce the volume of the tunze auto tap-off? I am getting some complaint from my neighbouring condo units since the wall insulation in this building is not that excellent.

TessG

I found the solution for this...

I ha wrapped the tunze with a small towel then I put the tunze in small styrofoam box sealed it with tape then there you go... It lessen the noise coming from the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TessG

It's the alarming sound when I forgot to unplug it before water change. It doesn't happened often but I just wanted to be careful because of the complaint. I leave in condo where the wall insulation is not good.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It's the alarming sound when I forgot to unplug it before water change. It doesn't happened often but I just wanted to be careful because of the complaint. I leave in condo where the wall insulation is not good.

Water can do more damage then fire, ask them if they want your smoke detector silenced too.

Tell them it's a life saving device for your pets :)

TessG

Yeah, I wish I can explain that way... but they will probably don't want to have an aquarium in the building. But this is my only enjoyment in life, with a little sacrifice or find solution to the problem will keep me with my hobby., then everybody will be happy

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised about the wall though, I thought it was code for a condo to have a concrete wall inbetween condo units, but I could be wrong

TessG

Yup, it's just wooden frames for most Alberta condo's from main to 4th floor. High rise building might be concrete though.