Twobytwo's New Tanks

twobytwo

Hi All, I posted about a year and a bit ago, but wasn't really active on the site. We recently moved and I had to tear down. Sold all my fish/inverts and 90% of my corals. So, I rebuilt over the winter with all the good things I'd learned in my first 2 years of reefing. I've kept much of my equipment from before:

120 Reef Ready Marineland tank (48x24x24) converted to Herbie style drain, return runs over the rim of the tank
Gyre 150
Maxspect Razor R420 320w light
DIY mesh tops

Approx 30 gallons of water in the sump
Phosban 150's (one with carbon, one with GFO), About 3lbs of Siporax
Some Rubble and small live rock
Coralife 6x UV
Hydor smart ATO using a MJ400 (my Aqualifter was too slow!)
Waveline DC4000 return pump.
Apex Neptune controller
CADlights TIA -1220 skimmer
No Socks... I use filter floss between sump baffles.

I have a 3 Channel Doser with AquaForest Balling method but I haven't set any of it up yet.

For livestock, I decided to go with Aggressive/Asshole fish. I thought it would be fun - and it is, for the most part:
Narrow Lined Puffer
Harlequin Tusk
Green Bird Wrasse
"Yellow Blotch" Rabbitfish
Hawaiian Black Trigger
Pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns
-There's some CUC, mostly snails and a couple Blue-Leg hermits... but I lose a few each week.

Some of the corals I've saved from my old tank
JF Hallucinations, JF Bella Blues, JF Crazy Fox Chalice
Bright Green Tyree
A couple Rainbow chalices
A Monomyces, A Ricordia, some other shrooms, etc...

Wish List:
Algae Turf Scrubber
Probably not appropriate for my DT, but I'd really like an Angler! I saw a Sargassum Angler on the weekend and he looked so awesome.

Looking forward to the London Coral show to fill up the tank. :)

Oh, I also have a 40b going with a nice pair of Frostbite clowns I'm trying to breed. and a 20 long I use for coral QT/grow out which just has a Black Box LED and simple HOB filter, small UV (Green Killing Machine), a MJ 600 for flow and Debelius Reef Lobster for something to watch.

Still to get set up: my 30g half moon... plan is for SeaHorses.

I'll try to get more photos/videos up asap

Here's the Frostbites:

Last edited: