Updated Photos From My Reef Tank

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
It has been quite a while since I posted any new photos of my reef tank. In the last year it has had a few issues including an outbreak of Red Bubble algae, Green Hair algae and Red Gracilaria growing where I didn't want it to. After much work I finally have it all under control (I hope!!). During all of these outbreaks and the controls used to eliminate them I almost lost my favorite bubble coral. I almost pulled it out of the tank but decided to wait a little while to see what happened with it. Luckily it is back and looks great. I have found that I am most successful with leathers so that is what I am going to focus on with this tank. I am always on the lookout for some colorful leathers. Here are some updated shots of my tank:

December-6-2015-3_zpsq7fqt3de.jpg

Tyree Neon Green Toadstool Leather - this one was a 1/4" frag when I got it a couple of months ago and is now a very respectable 2" across. It is very difficult to get the true green that these corals are in a photo.

December-7_zpszusuhry0.jpg

These little plates (at least I think they are plates) started out the size of a pin head as a hitch hiker on a piece of live rock I bought about 2 years ago. I remember trying to get a shot of it to ask for Identification and had to put a very strong magnifying glass in front of it and zoom in as much as possible to get a photo of it. Now I can see them easily in the full tank shot posted at the end of this thread. There was one at the time and it grew another about one year ago. They are very slow growing and are about 3/4" across now but I have noticed a third one behind these two when they shrink for the night.

December2015-15_zpsjttfuyco.jpg

My Watchman Goby keeping an eye on things. He loves to rearrange the tank every day!

December2015-12_zpsgivblvim.jpg

This Duncan started as 3 heads when I first picked it up. I have trouble counting all the heads now, LOL

December2015-10_zps5grwnbgh.jpg

A Neon Green Cabbage Leather that I picked up in the summer

December2015-4_zpsvbcfi69z.jpg

My Bubble coral - back from the brink of death

December2015-5_zpsgzdvlc6e.jpg

After 11 months, the Sea Apple is still doing well. It hasn't shrunk any and comes out regularly to feed. It lends a beautiful spot of color in the tank.

December2015-16_zpsbevokgja.jpg

Full tank shot. Looking forward to adding more colorful leathers in the future.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Thanks all. Yes, I love the color of the sea apple. It is one of the easy things to get on camera in true color as well. I would like to add some red leathers someday to add to the colors on the rocks.

Joshbrookkate

Great tank!
I'm surprised how much I like the cabbage corals. My neon green cabbage coral is huge and the focal point of my tank.
M.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
looks great yvette i remember seeing all those when small and boy have they grown :) your giving me the urge to get a sea apple now. gotta find out how it will fair to my nem or be ok. keep it up those leathers give tons of movement and character