Vortech Mp10 Quiet Drive Power Head

Janice

Hello:

I want an additional powerhead for my biocube 32 gallon to give better flow to my corals and anemones. Is the Vortech MP10 Quiet drive worth the cost?? Is there something just as good and quiet anyone would recommend for a much lower costs?

Janice

Yes I will. But is this power drive worth the money is my question, or are there ones that are equally as good that are much less expensive?

Cliff

They are amazing and very good powerheads with excellent programming ability and the best part is they take up very little real estate in your tank that is especially important when you're using a bio cube

SamB

Super Active Member
I've got a couple of the previous Gen (MP10) units (not QD) and frankly I've never found them "loud". However I should state that I haven't used the QD models so nothing to compare with.
The key to Vortechs is to "tune" them to your tank. Set the power side cord (dry side) at 7 o'clock and turn the prop (wet side) until it runs most quietly will ensure best (quietest) results with consistent output.
FWIW, the Vortechs are the best
Mine have never been louder than the sound of skimmer or general tank "noises"
My units are in excellent condition and if you're interested, please PM me and I will make you a deal

Joshbrookkate

Jebao Pumps are a lot cheaper.

Have had my 2 WP-40's for 5 years now. No issues.

I have both in my tank. Happy with both of them for different reasons. I like the Vortechs because I have them connected to the Ecotech Battery Backup. The Jebao are cheap, easy to use and are easy to clean.