Water Condensation Window/door

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
So I been having this problem for years now and it damaging my house window, door and wall. I know running a large fish tank contribute a lots to this. I ran a dehumidifier in the basement where my tank is as well, but this doesn’t resolve the problem. I want to fix this before it becomes a big issue, any suggestions or what you have done to fix this similar problem? Ty

Jason Bell

Hi Kevin, run an exhaust fan with humidity sensor to the outside, same concept as a bathroom fan. Otherwise very expensive air exchanger. The bathroom fan exhaust did the trick for me.

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
thank a bunch guys. I have think I gonna go with HRV for better air. Any suggestions on brands? I am thinking of one that is more automatic and I just have to clean the filter and the unit

Josh

stay away from lifebreath. I would probably look into venmar personally. Ive come across their equipment commercially and its pretty good.

Kyle1970

I run the humidistat controllers on all bathroom fans in the house. They will come on randomly if humid is high in the house. Also, I like that they stay on after anyone showers until humidity level back to normal in the room.
Not sure if this would be enough but cheaper option to start with until HRV unit can be installed.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Problem with exhaust fans is they lower the pressure in the house which causes unconditioned outside air to enter wherever it can, a HRV keeps the pressure balanced and conditions the air by recovering most of the heat

Dingets

I bought a Venmeer from Lowe’s when it came up on sale. It took care of the water on my windows and made my home more pressure neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk