water movment

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jones02

Well I wanted to do a full assie lps tank and now I have channged my mind. I have 2 mp10wes onn my 90g and I been selling my lps and going all sps. I'm going to need more flow I thinnk. Should I just add another mp10 to the tannk or change it all up? Also my returnnn is a mag18 runninng a pellet reactor and a duel brs.

J

jones02

I did have a mp40 and it was more then twice as loud as the mp10s so I sold it.

Giglio324

i have 2 mp40's and they make virtually no noise. maybe they were not set properly against eachother. those pumps are great or maybe think about a wavebox, which are really cool

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
+1 to the wavebox idea!! I would not suggest the nano for your 90 if you have a lot of rockwork.....I have the nano and found I needed an additional nano tunze to operate opposite of it.....if you have the room and the money get the full size wavebox from tunze!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

J

jones02

I had my mp40 set up like my mp10s. Being in the livinng room I don't wannt that extra noise. And I was thinkin a wavebox since I have my mp10s putting a pretty good wave inn my tannk now. How much flow do you guys have in your sps tanks? I only have a few sps milli colonies now.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have a lot..... Probably more than most for a 75g.....I have my tunzes turned down a little and will ramp them up every now and again....here's my setup....

3 Tunze 6055s .....usually at 60% with 24V chip operating randomly throughout the tank along with a Tunze 6095 usually at 60% with 24V chip.....I also have a tunze nano wavebox (22V chip)and a tunze 6095 (20V chip)operating opposite each other at 100% to create a sweet wave! I have thought about changing the pumps at night maybe to decrease the water movement.....anyone do this? Or the opposite?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Tunze does a mid size wave box now if you're looking at new. The vid I put in the wave maker thread has the one 6095 in a box doing as big a wave as my 180 will accommodate (up to the trim) without actually lowering the water level.

After a couple of days my milli's have way better PE than before although the currents are not as intense as with the alternating power heads I was using before.

...and the wave is really cool to watch.

J

jones02

I have a wave up to my trim already with mp10s. I don't think I want to add a big box inside the tank tho. What are the messurments of the tunze nnano?

Status
Not open for further replies.