What Are You Feeding ?

dickybird

Just wondering what everyone feeding there corals sps,lps zoa etc. For growth stimulants or colour enhancers and for reviving corals whether you use a variety of things or not and maybe frequency of uses

Young Reefer

Just wondering what everyone feeding there corals sps,lps zoa etc. For growth stimulants or colour enhancers and for reviving corals whether you use a variety of things or not and maybe frequency of uses

I feed reef roids and Kent zooplex, as well as baby brine shrimp and cyclops for feeding my corals it seems to give good colour and growth I do it 3 times a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
http://www.aquavitro.com/products/fuel.html. aquavitro fuel picked it up at canadacorals was told that all they use for their frags.

Picked up some reef roids it's a really fine powder. Curious how others use it.

Some pellets but I find it hard to get it into the corals mouth or area for them to eat. Tried syringe and baster but not to accurate. Got sample from fragbox at frag fest.

Some myst and new life spectrum pellets.

Young Reefer

do any of you have fish in with your corals and does that effect what you feed?

I have fish with my corals and I usually feed them lots first and then the corals so they usually leave the coral food alone

Young Reefer

http://www.aquavitro.com/products/fuel.html. aquavitro fuel picked it up at canadacorals was told that all they use for their frags.

Picked up some reef roids it's a really fine powder. Curious how others use it.

Some pellets but I find it hard to get it into the corals mouth or area for them to eat. Tried syringe and baster but not to accurate. Got sample from fragbox at frag fest.

Some myst and new life spectrum pellets.

For reef roids I mix it in water and then dump it around the corals with all current off and then I leave it for half an hour and then turn on just water circulation for another half hour and then turn on full pumps.

Also for the pellets I use a piece of skinny pvc pipe and drop the pellet down it and it falls right into the coral

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Where do you get a skinny pvc pipe?

I added the water to the roids and did the same as you, but I felt under whelmed with it effectiveness. I guess it works but just felt like I was making a mess.

Young Reefer

Where do you get a skinny pvc pipe?

I added the water to the roids and did the same as you, but I felt under whelmed with it effectiveness. I guess it works but just felt like I was making a mess.

I got it at home hardware or Rona I can't remember which I've bought pvc at both, and you should see my tank when I use the roids it looks like a hurricane hit haha I tend to overfeed a little

reefgeek

Reef Frenzy from LRS two to three times weekly for the fish and corals, PE Mysis and PE Calanus when not feeding Frenzy, pelleted food twice daily from my auto feeder.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I feed my corals a concoction of Reef Roids, Polyp Booster, Fuel and cyclops, i feed this about once every 2 weeks a few hours after lights out or a few houre before lights on. Fuel by itself once a week, then a a mixture of Reef Roids and Polyp Booster once a week. For these methods i just turn off my return and keep my powerheads going.Then some of the LPS pieces get some LPS pellets.
For my fish they get Mysis with cyclops once in a while, New Era Grazers, New Era Pellets, New Era Flakes, seaweed sheets. They get fee once to twice a day.

Last edited:

100gallon

Reef roids with tank water in a cup then use syringe to kind of target areas in tank. About an hour before I use 1/2 strength polyp booster from polyp labs. Reef roids is half strength too. Usually once a week. Every three days half strength aqua vitro fuel. Fish were using extreme reef cuisine but alas I am now out as of today. Mysis and brine shrimp otherwise. Anemone gets a small chunk or raw table shrimp once a week to once every two weeks. Also if I'm in a hurry I use small nls pellets in the feeder ring.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk

dickybird

I use reef roids with a syringe a long piece of hard quarter inch tubing joined together with a short piece of vinal tubing works great for spot feeding does any one see any good growth with direct feedings and if so with what cocktail

I feed my two clowns a quarter cube of brine with a pinch of myses every other day. Also a bit of table shrimp to my brittle star. Thinking this might be way too much. Don't feed my corals yet although might start to improve growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i feed my fish omega one pellets with garlic and about 2 cubes worth of mysis everyday and my corals i now only feed once a week i mix about 1/4 teaspoon of reef roids with about half a syringe of polyp booster and a capful of aqua vitro fuel and dump in with circulation pumps running (gets cloudy for a hoir or so :D ) i also keep my mag and cal higher than most people.

Keeping mostly sps and zoos with a few gorgs and chalice in a 90gal, 120 gal ttotal water volume

heath

Distinguished Member
this is a really good poll (?) I feed my fish my own food, same concept as reef cuisine in the morning (2 cubes) and at night they get pellets..right now with adding new fish I am not sure if they are eating the pellets yet so I add 1 cube .. they are very well fed and they know the feed schedule, they are all at the front of the tank, " hey we are here "