What day would be better for the next FragFEST?

What day would be better....

• April 12, 2014 - Saturday - Same layout as last one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 13, 2014 - Sunday - Can then have upper and lower levels.

• June 7, 2014 - Saturday - Same everything as last one

• June 8, 2014 - Sunday - Oh no the Sabbath!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: What day would be better for the next FragFEST?

Poseidon link said:

images

Reef Hero

Super Active Member

Any day, any time, I'm there!! Well unless something really really really really REALLY major comes up..... :) a lot of of swaps/expos in the states are on Sunday and seem to be very successful.....if it means both levels then hey why not.....it's only 4 hours of your life and for some I bet a Sunday might work better than Saturday.....

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I'm good with any day too, both levels would be great for sellers though wouldn't it? I thought it was very well set up, a great job by all involved  :)

curiousphil

Super Active Member
The only thing about Sundays and doing it early is that we might miss out on some of the churchy type folk.  I don't know how many of you that includes... (not I)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
curiousphil link said:
The only thing about Sundays and doing it early is that we might miss out on some of the churchy type folk.  I don't know how many of you that includes... (not I)

Well here's the thing, how long is church?  I know my wife goes for like 2 hours and everything is done.  If it's a 4 hour event..... I know it affects one vendor here, but realistically the entire world has started doing things on sundays, even beer stores (woot!).

Again, total ignorance here, but can't church folk go on a wed or something if they miss a sunday?  Maybe do 20 hail mary's and get a good whipping?

The sunday option is definitely looking like the popular choice.  I thought that you had to go around the building to get to the lower level, but there is a set of stairs there that can get you down there I think, so logistics just got a bit better.  2 levels would make for more space, more selection, and dammit no country music chasing us out of the bar!!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
... Maybe do 20 hail mary's and get a good whipping?...

Hoping your wife misses church again ;)

I like the Sunday idea, not really a fan of starting earlier. A lot of the vendors have some good travel time and some where still setting up as is. Obviously not morning people lol. Have to remember that they have to get up, ready, pack up their display/corals, travel, then set up their display/corals. For some it will be 3-4 hour thing before the even even starts.
Hamilton to Lambeth is about 1.5 hours and TO is almost 2 hours in travel time, plus pack up and set up, makes for an early morning. I know it was his suggestion, but that leaves even more for Salty Cracker to jam in first thing after a night of replacing butterflies in the stomach with a Guinness or two.

5nr5zo.jpg

curiousphil

Super Active Member
I love the Sunday multi-level idea personally.  Just playing devils advocate :p.  Realistically, yeah, church is usually only a couple of hours and done by noon.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
yea i dont really get it either but its the business aspect of it, people that are christian will not do business or make transactions on Sunday... dont ask me why, and by the looks of it none of you are affected by that really, bunch of heathens hahah
i would come but im still living at home and if i said fuk it im going, i doubt i would be living at home when i got back, and id be single lol...

another option would be find a bigger venue for a Saturday...
but hey, if its only one person that cant come no point in changing the whole event lol
if we could make a Saturday work, awesome! but if not, and it has to be Sunday... no hard feelings :)   

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
yea i dont really get it either but its the business aspect of it, people that are christian will not do business or make transactions on Sunday... dont ask me why, and by the looks of it none of you are affected by that really, bunch of heathens hahah
i would come but im still living at home and if i said fuk it im going, i doubt i would be living at home when i got back, and id be single lol...

another option would be find a bigger venue for a Saturday...
but hey, if its only one person that cant come no point in changing the whole event lol
if we could make a Saturday work, awesome! but if not, and it has to be Sunday... no hard feelings :) 

Hey, I just want to point out that if you drop money in the collection plate on sunday, hey, you're making a transaction.  Is there anything you christians aren't hypocrites about?    ;)  ;)  ;)  Hey, why is there a thundercloud forming just over my house?

Heh, well we may see how this goes.  I'm not in favour of angering religious groups but it really would be nice to get that second level (and honestly the location seemed to work out perfectly in so many ways:
-easy to get to from 401
-plenty of hydro
-plenty of parking
-no carpeting (that's a tough one to get around)
-built in bar (with bartender)
-kitchens (in case it's too cold to bbq)
-close to salty crackers house because he, definitely, is not a morning person.

the list goes on and on.  :)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

You can't just pay the old people a bit more the reschedule their Saturday dance lol

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=5521.msg52824#msg52824 date=1370449511]
You can't just pay the old people a bit more the reschedule their Saturday dance lol

Nah, they all go to church on sunday.  ;)
[/quote]

Lol ask them to skip a week

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

2 day fragfest weekend!!

Lol either day works for me