What % do you run YOUR LEDs at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Trying to gauge what everyone else with success runs LEDs at power % wise. I remember with my bridgelux I was 100% on both channels and had great success. I run these kessils at 100% and things look white and burnt almost. Yumas loose colour, sps turns white and polyps retract. I'm ready to give up on LEDs again

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I achieve the look I like, then go from there. Move stuff where it needs to be. I now have my LED fixture over my biocube. Getting a purple look to the tank as it is overgrown with coralline, looks real nice.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I run mine at 100% or almost 100%...  I had a par meter here and that's what I needed to do to get he numbers I needed.  Now I run my drivers at 100%... which is only 750ma.  The led are capable of 1000 or 1500ma depending.  So I guess I am running at only 50% or 75% depending.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have the adjustable drivers on ~80% but the lights on full power after a ramp up period.

Do the kessils have UV in them, the 420 wavelength?  I had poor coral colour all around before I added in the UV/Violet.  I was quite shocked at the difference honestly. 

Victoss

My display is at 80% on all channels (dimming the white channel barely changes the colour so there all equal), with 48 cree LEDs.
My biocube 29 is at 30-40% with 24 and +7 extra UV LEDs
I may up my display to 90/100 or add the 80* optics I have in the near future, just wish I had a par meter to be sure since I think my zoas are already getting too much but gotta keep the sps happy  ;)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Its hard to judge on % or watts alone when each tank is different with different lighting, at different heights and different photoperiods.

Par readings would be a little more scientific......still a bit of guess work though.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I know what you mean Darryl. I'm regretting selling my halides. I have all channels at 75% now. I'm going to monitor the coral over the next week and make changes as necessary. What's bothering me is my rbta is outstretched. No bubbles on tips. Really skinny looking and paling. Its about 75% of the way up the tank (3/4 if you will).  Kessils are about 8" off water. Any idea why it's doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.