What I'd Like To Find....

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I thought we could use a general "looking for" thread since only Sewerat has one at this point.

Both the guys who wheel and deal who can only bring some of their stuff and guys like me who only really sell or trade stuff occasionally would probably benefit from getting some general idea what types of things the attending audience are looking for.

I have been surprised as I look around my systems how many things I could reasonably prune and share but I don't really want to cut up a bunch of things only to find there is no interest in them and then find out that something I have lots of would have been popular.

Me.....I'm looking for anything interesting or out of the ordinary. SPS, LPS, Z&P and I always have a place for acrylic stuff like old Kalk reactors or calcium reactors, acrylic tanks working or not that I can rebuild into something for one of my projects.

So come on and post what you would like to find as general or specific as you like. Whatever you're looking for, there's probably someone out there who has one...

Marz

I am still learning about all the types of corals. I am actually coming to meet everyone, but to see the different corals. Personally, I am looking for colored frags other than just green ones. Even blues, some reds, purples...I am still struggling with zoa's as they don't seem to like me very well. Might be because I have a very good copepod population. None-the-less, that's really what I am looking for.

Marz

As I mentioned I am struggling with zoa's. Have been reading and reading and reading, but can't figure this out, although I do have some ideas. Everything else is doing fine.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
As I mentioned I am struggling with zoa's. Have been reading and reading and reading, but can't figure this out, although I do have some ideas. Everything else is doing fine.

Have you tried any of the larger Palys? The smaller Zoas only do alright for me but the larger ones like the Space Monsters and Sunny D's and gobstoppers for example grow like crazy in my system. On the other hand I have a frag of watermelon Zoas that I have had for 3 years that still has about 20 heads just like when I got it...

Marz

Ok, well it's worth a shot. The Superman looks really cool, but I just read a few things and they seem to be hard to get colored up...I am new at this, but would love to give that a shot.
The Sunny D's look awesome, but before I kill another zoa, are they expensive?

Marz

What about a blue toadstool? I saw one at Flavio's (love his tank btw) and am curious if these are generally expensive. They seem to be my speed as of late (beginner:) )

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Itll all depend on ur water params, when it came to sps when starting out i had better luck with digis and montis, then i did with other acros. Do you have any sps right now?

Marz

In my frag I tank I have 3 acans and whatever the little piece of sps is. I can post a pic here but I have a pic of the "donor" in my DT thread. (I broke a piece off when mounting). In my DT I have a teal and green birdsnest and the aforementioned SPS (I have not idea what it is http://thefragtank.ca/community/index.php?threads/to-new-beginnings.10933/page-10#post-164675). The birdsnests are growing like mad as is the other sps. My water params have been stable throughout on the DT, but in the frag I had a wicked algae bloom that made my tank look like beige milk. The UV that I got cleared it up and we'll see where it goes.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
I'd like to find a bold red, bright pink, deep blue or strong orange acropora at the swap. Frag size, not colony - no bigger than 2". Doesn't matter if it's a stag, table, bottlebrush or bushy shape. There is too much green in my tank and I want to balance it out a little better.

Not interested in any of the below, which I already have:
Reds - red convexa and ORA red planet (but they are both mostly green right now...), Tyree pink lemonade, red dragon
Blues - cobalt tort, hawkins echinata, RR orange passion, DV northern delight
Orange - 2x DV sunset mille (each one aquacultered by different reefers)

PM me if you think you may have something that I may be interested given all the above criteria. I'm thinking a rouge mille may just do the trick but I don't know what kind of hidden gems y'all might have in your tanks lol ;). Thanks!