• Shrooms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can Reefer

Please also explain why you like them and what type from each category you like. Maximum of two votes

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
lps is my personal fav.. while the colors from sps are astounding you can get some equally amazing colors from lps, and with lps you have great movement and they are easier (a bit) to care for then most sps.

I personally like the Euphyllia family the most.

this of course is MY opinion  :D

Can Reefer

I like the movement of both LPS and Softies. Also the colors and the shapes can be very interesting for both of these types of corals!

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I thought this was gonna like the species family.  I would have to say acropora but since thats not an option than SPS will do.  Other corals are great but you cant beat the colour, variety and growth forms of SPS.

Also this poll doesnt make sense since zoa and shrooms are considered softies....there are so many types of zoa and paly they often get categorized on their own though.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Darryl_V link said:
I thought this was gonna like the species family.  I would have to say acropora but since thats not an option than SPS will do.  Other corals are great but you cant beat the colour, variety and growth forms of SPS.

Also this poll doesnt make sense since zoa and shrooms are considered softies....there are so many types of zoa and paly they often get categorized on their own though.

the funny thing is, sps are very awesome to us, but to anyone who just happens to see a reef tank, they really dont give a second glance to a colored stick :p

lps corals, especially the 'tentacly' ones are very attractive to every day civilians :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I'm not really sure anymore..... I used to be all about the sps but now I find myself drooling over a lot of lps.......
Haven't gotten into the zoas and Pallys as much as some are.....but hard to deny those don't have amazing colours as well! I honestly cannot choose one over the other..... If its nice I want it! :)
........and my bank has learned that there are a lot of nice ones :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can Reefer

I put Zoas and shrooms on their own because they are considered colonial anemones which all other soft corals are not  colonial anemones so I consider them to be a separate classification.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=4752.msg44944#msg44944 date=1363404683]

the funny thing is, sps are very awesome to us, but to anyone who just happens to see a reef tank, they really dont give a second glance to a colored stick :p

lps corals, especially the 'tentacly' ones are very attractive to every day civilians :)
[/quote]

LOL so true......
My wife's friend last night thought my bit of cyano on the SB was a neat looking red.....
I says, pardon me!?!
Too bad she don't have a tank.....I would have sold her a frag.... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.