What The Hell Is This Webbing From?

I was checking out my tank with the lights out and saw this between two anemones. :eek:

After some research I'm thinking it's Vermetid snails. However this webbing is quite large. I've seen smaller versions of it in the past but not to this extent. Mind you I did offer a decent feeding last night so maybe that has something to do with it. I hope these aren't going to be a problem. o_O

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I was checking out my tank with the lights out and saw this between two anemones. :eek:

After some research I'm thinking it's Vermetid snails. However this webbing is quite large. I've seen smaller versions of it in the past but not to this extent. Mind you I did offer a decent feeding last night so maybe that has something to do with it. I hope these aren't going to be a problem. o_O
Scary

It's not visible now. The anemones are out and flowing as usual. However I'm going to check again tonight and see if the webbing is that bad every night. I like having a variety of critters in the tank but I don't want anything to be overwhelming. (Well except coral growth! :D)

Looks like warfare to me. We're there any zoas or other coral back there?

Nope ... just the anemones on that rock. And a few small yellow sponges. I noticed this and turned the lights on for the pic. There is no sign of it now. It was definitely a webbing of some sort and was flowing in the current. Looked like something trying to catch food.