What Type Of Nudibranch?

Matt1997

Well I guess this came in on a piece of coral. Any idea what kind it is? Reef safe or no?

Attachments

• A08BEB64-F88B-454E-A3BD-2CE64111DBDC.jpeg
    A08BEB64-F88B-454E-A3BD-2CE64111DBDC.jpeg
    854.4 KB · Views: 61

thehvacman

No wouldn’t say that’s a Berghia. There are hundreds of species of nudibranchs and Berghia are they ones I have seen the most, as I have been breeding and studying them. All nudibranches have very specialized diets so watch what it is eating.

Matt1997

Appears they came with some flatworms as well. No clue how they got in with the dip but came back yesterday and there’s a bunch of them. What’s the best was to go flatworm exit?

chrisstevens

Website
flybikes.wixsite.com
Use some flatworm exit right away before they populate to much. Also when you dip if you dont already do it turkey bast the coral, or if in a larger container have a pump running to keep the water moving and blast it at the end

Matt1997

Use some flatworm exit right away before they populate to much. Also when you dip if you dont already do it turkey bast the coral, or if in a larger container have a pump running to keep the water moving and blast it at the end
I think I’ll double dip. My expierience is corals as well as most photosynthetic things are fairly resistant and even if there is some damage they bounce back. They aren’t that populated but they have definitely been reproducing for 2 weeks at least as I left the Tank. just ordered flatworm exit a few hours ago off amazon once I noticed. Unfortunately it’s coming from the states so earliest delivery is Friday. Couldn’t get it at fish stores near me.