Whatcha Bringing - Salty's thread

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The super pricey stuff is gone, everything will be $15 per frag on this list... pics of some of the frags I have made up will be added at the end of the thread... you guys may be missing out. 

CORAL                                                          FRAGS LEFT
1) Cobalt tort                                                      x2
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

8 ) Ice blue millie (light blue core, light blue polyps)  x1
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

13) Red planet tabler Acropora                                  x2
14) Yellow Banana tabler (yellow with dark brown polyps)  x1
15) Multicolour montipora                                            X1
16) Green pocillopora                                                  x1
17) Sunset millie                                                          x2
SOLD
19) green ummm...I can't remember what they are, but they're real green.  -$10

Oh and apologies for the photos... taking photos with a dirty lens and through a plastic chocolate box doesn't make for great pics  ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
teebone110 link said:
Hey Glen, your acros are really looking good, nice work 8)

Yeah don't ask me about my chalices.  I'm not sure, but I did a water change about a week and a half ago and forgot to use a heater...the tank dropped from 80 to 75 for an hour or so, and since then, lost 3 chalice and one of the heads off my torch (not really upset about the torch!!).  Everything else totally unaffected, and in fact...seemed to get a bit more polyp extension.  Last time I take out a loan for a $$$ coral though lol.  Weird thing is 3 other chalice were unaffected... weird. 

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=6350.msg61587#msg61587 date=1379908820]

Yeah don't ask me about my chalices.  I'm not sure, but I did a water change about a week and a half ago and forgot to use a heater...the tank dropped from 80 to 75 for an hour or so, and since then, lost 3 chalice and one of the heads off my torch (not really upset about the torch!!).  Everything else totally unaffected, and in fact...seemed to get a bit more polyp extension.  Last time I take out a loan for a $$$ coral though lol.  Weird thing is 3 other chalice were unaffected... weird. 
[/quote]

I feel your pain, I don't have very good luck with chalice either

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6350.msg61589#msg61589 date=1379909713]
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=6350.msg61587#msg61587 date=1379908820]

[/quote]

I feel your pain, I don't have very good luck with chalice either
[/quote]

Ithink I'm running too clean.  my space monster is fine, but it "eats" really well on the micro-mini pellets, the others don't.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
I remember seeing your banana tabler last time and it look get.  Some nice growth and corals there Glen.

You mean YOUR banana tabler :)    Amazing that it grew from a frag eh? 

High praise coming from you... much appreciated.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: Whatcha Bringing - Salty's thread - ON HOLD

Sales may be closed... I have to look at the orders I have, and then look at how much I can cut from the colonies, which I'll do this afternoon (where does free time come from!) and get back to everyone I haven't answered yet, and will update the list below.

(heh I'm a grower not a fragger so it's all just trimming, let me go take a good look)  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Some pics of some frags, all lights on, nothing but resized... any funky colours are because I'm not using white balance...

and don't tell me you can't get killer sps with LED dammit lol. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
is pic 5 that banana tabler

yessir.  I'm trying to make sure there's lots of growth tips on everything, so it's not as yellow as the base (the base encrusts for ages before it takes off...but then it really takes off)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Heh, here's the colony of red planet when I got it.... I almost didn't mount it on the rockwork because I didn't know if it was going to look okay.  I only went by the "oooh, you gotta have red planet!!"  lol

It came around really really fast.  It's bright green on new growth areas, pure white on tips and a dark pink as the main colour.  Really nice piece.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have some drilled/tapped silver aluminum heatsinks that fit star-style LEDs.  I -think- they are 4" x 9" and hold 12 LEDs each.  They are the ones I was using before I went with the bigger black ones.  $10 each if anyone wants them. 

I'll also bring a bunch of those unopened syringes if anyone wants them, for test kits, also good for crank and heroin.