Which pump or Aquadoser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Riddler

I'm working on setting up an ATO system for my new 90G system.

I've got my water barrel about 5 feet away with a wall that I can drill through.  I'm planning to use the ReefKeeper to control the system and using the ReefKeeper Float switch to activate the pump for a pre-dermined amount of time.  I'm hoping to use nylon hose (same stuff as the filter systems) to run the water.

Anyone have any idea's for pumps for me?

Riddler

M

marks69

i use a tom's aqualifter and it works great.  watch out though.  get the double float valve, my reefkeeper elite has screwed up a couple of times.  the last time it pumped 30g onto my basement floor.  i'm set up with the time it's allowed to run but the head unit locks up and lets it run.

P

phi delt reefer

marks69 link said:
i use a tom's aqualifter and it works great.  watch out though.  get the double float valve, my reefkeeper elite has screwed up a couple of times.  the last time it pumped 30g onto my basement floor.  i'm set up with the time it's allowed to run but the head unit locks up and lets it run.

I have read this happening on a few sites... Mark is your head unit by any ballasts or anything else that would give off a
strong magnetic field?

M

marks69

it's on the outside of my hood.  ballasts are under tank.  their about 4' apart.

C

Cal_stir

marks69 link said:
are u running MYREEF? i find if i leave the cable connected to my computer it locks up my headunit at times, never had a problem when not connected

M

marks69

i don't run the program all the time, but the usb cable is always attached

C

Cal_stir

i found that even with the program not running and the bus attached, my head unit would stop communicating and would start flashing, i unplug the bus, reset the power and all is good.
sometimes it would go for days without a prob and then BAM!, it's flashing

Status
Not open for further replies.