Why Is It Always Nearly Impossible To Get A Big Tank Moved?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
i understand moving a huge heavy cumbersome tank it no ones idea of fun. But I wonder if there would be money in it?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I think big als moves tanks, don't they?

For me, I thought it would be easier to just buy a new tank and move things over slowly than ripping everything out and moving the old tank. I'm sure the chemical soup you would release during a move would be catastrophic to a sensitive reef.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
My cousin tore muscles in his back helping me move mine. I think that's reason #1. Throw in some tight turns and a flight of stairs and people start to find prior commitments they forgot they had pretty quick!
Exactly, there always appears to be a need for monster tanks and then the inevitable issue of never being able to move it.
Friends and family are not really a great answer.
Every add for a tank over a 100 gallons has the caveat of "you buy it, you move it" makes both buying and selling a issue. Just figured someone would capitalize on this problem. I guess the problem isn't frequent enough or too much trouble for anyone to make a living or even a side business of it.

Nick James

Exactly, there always appears to be a need for monster tanks and then the inevitable issue of never being able to move it.
Friends and family are not really a great answer.
Every add for a tank over a 100 gallons has the caveat of "you buy it, you move it" makes both buying and selling a issue. Just figured someone would capitalize on this problem. I guess the problem isn't frequent enough or too much trouble for anyone to make a living or even a side business of it.

I think a side business is probably all it could be. Wouldnt happen frequently enough to keep food on your table.