Why Is My Sump So Loud? Too Much Pump?

simko

Hi Everyone

I bought a tank and i set it up but the sump is way too loud!!!!

What am i doing wrong here? origionally it came with a quiet one 5000 , i put an eheim 1262 on it for less power consumption , and i believe the 1262 puts out less flow than the quiet one... is there too much flow for my sump? it feels like a lot of bubbles are going through the drain into the sump, im using a durso standpipe not sure what im doing wrong here

EZMac

Hello, I had a similar problem with my overflows. I installed a shut off valve on each drain so i could limit the draining and not suck air down the drains. Takes a bit of fiddling to get it just right.
Plus what Kapelan said sounds right also
You dont want water dropping very far. Try a sponge between the baffles, like he said.
Gl

shamous113

Your plumbing (flex tube) drops below the elbow on the outlet tube, you probably have a air lock/bubble in the return line. I'd start by shortening the flex line so it doesn't drop below the rigid line.

simko

Thanks everyone

im going to work on shortening the flex hose or maybe just use rigid pvc.

ill also close the ball valve more to reduce flow further and add sponges between baffles

shiftline

Website Affiliate
Yep! Raise those baffles so the water only drops a about an inch to reduce the waterfall distance