Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Is regular window screen reef safe? Making up some frag cups for some mushrooms and do not have anything in house other then that to allow flow through. Willing to take any other suggestions as well. I read to use fishnet stockings... but I dont have any of those on hand.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That could work. Just have to pick some up, or raid the wife. No worries about clogging them here. Just need something fine enough that the frags do not go through it. I have plastice screen, but the gaps are 1/4*1/4 inch.

Those little mushrooms have gotten out before using that mesh. Found one frag the other day growing from the bottom of a rock.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
be weary on using screen for a screen door. Most of what you would buy for a screen door has mildew inhibitors on it. doubt it would be reef safe.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I thought something like that would be on it. But not too sure. I guess we should think again when our kids faces are pressed up against it drooling waiting for us when we get home from work  :p

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The plastic gutter gaurd is what I used in the past, but those tiny mushrom frags float out.

The cut up filter socks is working great. Made up a half dozen nice little frag cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.