World's dumbest fish?

umbis

I picked up a Foxface a couple weeks ago. So far, he's got caught in my powerhead 4 times. The last time (today), he was stuck nose-first. He got scars all over from the powerhead ribs...Anyone else ever have a fish like this?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Usually if he's getting stuck he's not strong enough to swim away... Indicating a health issue... Any fish of mine that have ever gotten power head stuck, usually kick the bucket soon after.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Poseidon link said:
Usually if he's getting stuck he's not strong enough to swim away... Indicating a health issue... Any fish of mine that have ever gotten power head stuck, usually kick the bucket soon after.

This is what I would be worried about.

Fish may seem dumb, but when it comes to vaccuum like situations, they know to avoid it.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
J_T link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=5304.msg50049#msg50049 date=1367807676]

This is what I would be worried about.

Fish may seem dumb, but when it comes to vaccuum like situations, they know to avoid it.
[/quote]

+1

umbis

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on him. But he for sure seems super healthy. He eats bits of algae all day and definitely 'appears' to be swimming just as strong as any other fish. He's very active.