Wth

heath

Distinguished Member
today when the lights came on in the pony tank found a worm thing on the glass... it is about 1" long, very thin, green/brown in colour.. it has either strings at the end..
I tried to take a picture of it and it didn't come out very good. The first picture is more what it looks like..
Does anyone have any idea what it is ??
thanks

Attachments

• HPIM1228.JPG
    HPIM1228.JPG
    471.6 KB · Views: 73
  • HPIM1226.JPG
    HPIM1226.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 66

heath

Distinguished Member
Good and bad. They eat left over food, but poop under the sand so it gets a little dirty. Also can piss off the corals a lil'

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ok, thanks.. I found it in the pony tank so there are no corals there.. I do have a sand sifting star in that tank.. is there a fish that will eat them..

heath

Distinguished Member
I;m afraid to try another copperband, not a lot of success with them, anything else...plus the ponies only eat Mysis shrimp...

Kman

Super Active Member
They are good. They are harmless recyclers of particulate matter and waste. They typically settle in the substrate as they like a soft media to live in and not on the rocks so rarely cause issue with anything. You would have to have big densities for them to cause issues. In your case it is probably trying to find a spot to settle. As they are beneficial there is no need to get rid of them unless you have to cull to control density. Even then it is not needed. I have never had an issue with one even with large density as they tend to regulate their own populations.